Birthday card help?

Old 08-05-2010, 11:33 AM

I am sending a card today from Woodhaven, MI. It will be a little late. I just read the post. Better late than never.

Hope you start feeling better soon.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:28 PM

I just wanted everyone to know that today Genavieve received 32 cards!!! She called and was crying. She said they kept calling her name and after the first three, then four, then five she said she KNEW it was this group. She signed up here (Eugene Oregon) last year as a first time quilter. She said she was crying as they kept calling her name and her name and everyone was looking at her like WHAT THE HECK? She was so incredibly touched by all of your kind cards and every single one of you made her birthday what it was never going to be.. she is going to field in two days and this is a gift that you couldnt purchase. I cried when she called me. After field she has funeral duty (21 gun salute) and then finally.. home for a short time. I cant say again thank you enough. I know I owe everyone a personal email and promise to do it. I am still a bunch under the weather but I am blessed to have all of you included in my life no matter where we live. Genavieve said MOM there are cards from ALL OVER THE US.. all over. It only goes to show how a random act of kindness can make a world of difference. I am speachless. You are all angels every single one of you.
Thank you again for the tears you made one soldier cry. It showed her how much we all care and that you cant buy at Nordstroms. A gift from the heart is priceless.

Linda
Old 08-05-2010, 01:33 PM

Linda, makes me cry reading your post. Loved sending your prescious daughter a BD card and so glad that it made her day.

Linda
Old 08-05-2010, 01:36 PM

If I can count my will make 19. I hope so We all know it will not be look being at home but maybe we can make at a good in a new way for her
Old 08-05-2010, 02:00 PM

You said- "I know I owe everyone a personal email and promise to do it." Don't take time to send individual thanks yous to us all. (Spend you time getting better and then quilt). As for me, I am just happy reading your posts about how happy we made your daughter. Take care!
Old 08-05-2010, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4
You said- "I know I owe everyone a personal email and promise to do it." Don't take time to send individual thanks yous to us all. (Spend you time getting better and then quilt). As for me, I am just happy reading your posts about how happy we made your daughter. Take care!
Ditto!! :)
Old 08-05-2010, 02:38 PM

Got to this post a little late but I'm sending one today from Arizona. It'll be a belated birthday wish. God bless her!
Old 08-05-2010, 04:09 PM

Linda,
I just read your recent post today, and please consider that my, Thank You. We want you to get better and start quilting again. Maybe with all of this somemore good will come, and you will be healed quickly, and back to normal in no time. God Bless you and your wonderful daughter Genavieve. I will say a prayer for both of you. Keep us posted as to how you are doing.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:19 AM

Hi Linda I went looking for a card from walmart. I see them all the time. Well wouldn't you know it they either no longer carry the cards like I wanted or they moveed them and I didn't find them.
I had wanted a state card with either wild flowers good looking cowboy or something funny..I through that way she could see how many states she got. I hope she had a great day even if she was away from home Bobbie
Old 08-06-2010, 07:53 AM

Hi, Linda,
Your message brought tears to my eyes and thankfulness for all the kind hearted people on this site. Please don't take time to answer me. Your message covers everything very well. It was my pleasure to be able to be a part of helping one soldier celebrate her birthday and to know she is loved and appreciated all over our country.
Judy