Blockage

Old 03-24-2011, 10:06 AM

I have been blocked on several arenas for a long time. Housekeeping. Creativity. Weight. Friendships. Isolation. Personal care.

This is due to a history of trauma. Family scapegoat. Eleven surgeries. (After one, my poor ma said to me, "Honey, I guess I didn't knit you together well enough." I let her know it was nothing she did or did not do, def not her fault.) Unending verbal abuse. Actually, it did end, as I disowned the abuser 2 yrs ago.

Anyway. Blockage. Somehow, March 9, I got an email saying here is your quilting newsletter. I did not sign up for a newsletter & the link was faulty. But, in the email was a website & I looked for the site & found this DB. I signed up the next day.

Somehow, it all turned my corner. In most of my arenas. I signed up for two exchanges. I bought from ebay 2 charmpks & a jelly roll. I have 2 packages pending from members here. Based on a post about a 3 pound assortment of fabric @ fabric.com $20, bought 2, used a 15% coupon code from here, the order was over $35, so free ship & it was $34 for 38 each 1/2 yds of the most amazing fabrics. (If good fabric is $7.50/yd, it was $140 worth of fabric.) I planned a quilt using the ebay & fabric.com fabric. I will start it after I have completed the exchanges. ... And, work on the UFO, of course.

Designated past Saturday as quilt day. That's all I did. Organized 1 sewing drawer, planned next section of a UFO (why I org'd the drawer), jelly roll & 1 charm pack arrived, matched up the matches. Cut strips for scrappy rail exchange.

Sun, a few house tasks. sewed rail strips. Some misc. mending.

For the last 3 days, I have worn makeup!!! moisturized face. cuticle oil on fingers.

Quilt blocks remove Blockage !!! :-o
Old 03-24-2011, 10:11 AM

That is wonderful! So nice when we get to do something we enjoy & do it just for ourselves & feel so good while doing it and for time afterwards too.

I love my horse & my family & friends know that any time I spend with him is my "horse therapy". Well now that I have started quilting I have realized that it makes me feel good the same as my horse. So now I have "quilt therapy" too. I try to have a little of one of my therapies every week. Makes my already half full glass fill to the brim! Happy quilting! Happy Blockage removal too! :D
Old 03-24-2011, 10:16 AM

Congratulations!! Best Wishes for a long and happy quilting future!
Old 03-24-2011, 10:34 AM

Sounds like email error was a blessing in disguise for you - this board will open up a world beyond belief!
Old 03-24-2011, 10:46 AM

What wonderful news!!!!!!! But a warning --- quilting IS habit forming, but don't tell the surgeon general, or they'll ban it!!!!!! :) :) So glad to hear your news...YAAAAY!
Old 03-24-2011, 10:47 AM
Power Poster

What great news. I am really happy for you. Quilting is a therapy for alo of us, I think.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:49 AM

Welcome BACK!
Old 03-24-2011, 10:49 AM

Nice story. Made me smile. Wishing you many more good days and no more blockages!
Old 03-24-2011, 10:56 AM

Inspiring! :)
Old 03-24-2011, 11:06 AM

This sounds a lot like Flylady's history. An overweight, slobby woman put down all the time by her supposedly DH, then she got her head together and got rid of a lot of trash, decluttered from Husband to garbage.

Good for you!! Keep on trucking....Keep on quilting, and keep us in your thoughts because we're rooting for you.