Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Blown-in Insulation

I have blown insulation in my attic. I live in a concrete block home and it helped with warming/cooling the house. Been 15 yrs since I've done it. Just don't open the attic door though !
    take plenty of pic of family & friends, keep tabs on loved ones but make time for yourself !

Power Poster
    You usually can't notice the small holes in the siding which are covered when they are done...It is good insulation...

Blog Entries
    I had blown-in insulation done in the eighties at my house in California. Loved it. They don't HAVE to drill holes in the siding or stucco, they can go from inside the house and go through the plaster/drywall. I think the inside holes are easier to cover and fill, but might be hard to match paint colors or wall paper. I don't see how they can fill the entire wall space by only removing top siding. Most houses have a cross beam between all of the two uprights that help support the wall from bending. My house had two holes drilled in each 16inch section, one at top and one just below the center line so both top and bottom sections could be filled.

Blog Entries
    my question is-why don't builders insulate homes before they are finished? Just put it in the price. everyone would be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
    my question is-why don't builders insulate homes before they are finished? Just put it in the price. everyone would be happy.
    They do now. But my house is 85 yrs old and I don't think they worried about insulation as much as they do now.
    Vi

Blog Entries
    Ah! well my house is from 1958 and very cold. So insulation, here I come-soon anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2