book recommendation

Old 01-30-2011, 04:35 AM

I have a new kindle. Now I want a good read. I would love to know which books you loved.
thanks

rita
Old 01-30-2011, 04:42 AM

Hi Rita,

I have a new Kindle too. I love reading quilt related books. I have read a lot of the Elm Creek Quilter series by Jennifer C (Can't spell her last name), the Marie Bostwick series that starts with "A single thread" and for light silly mystery I read the Benni Harper series from Earlene Fowler.

Since I was born in Baltimore, I also love all the Tess Monahan PI books by Laura Lippman. Charm City Blues is one.

As you can tell, I like series.

Enjoy your kindle. I have a free majong game on it and I play the word game that it came with. I spend way to much $ now, downloading books. I don't think my hubby thought of that when he bought it for me. :)
Old 01-30-2011, 04:43 AM

Oh. I forgot to tell you, I am starting a"Book club" of sorts. Look me up in Main under the topic "Book CLub" or in diaries undr "CreativeSheila:quilt novel musings"
Old 01-30-2011, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by ritamaew
I have a new kindle. Now I want a good read. I would love to know which books you loved.
thanks

rita
I just got an i-pad and downloaded the Kindle app to it. I like mysteries mostly, and am going to go through free books before I spend money on others. I am kinda cheap that way. I am currently reading one that is just plain silly called "Take the monkeys and run" a Barbara Marr Murder Mystery, by Karen Cantwell. It is nice light reading for the bathtub and before I go to sleep.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:25 AM

There is a thread right now "What are you reading" that has many suggestions on it.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
There is a thread right now "What are you reading" that has many suggestions on it.
Thanks for the info--lots to choose from
Rita
Old 01-30-2011, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by creativesheila
Oh. I forgot to tell you, I am starting a"Book club" of sorts. Look me up in Main under the topic "Book CLub" or in diaries undr "CreativeSheila:quilt novel musings"
I read the book club idea with interest. I have read most the Elm Creek series and I guess I want something "meatier". I think your idea is great though.

Rita
Old 01-30-2011, 05:39 AM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-85884-1.htm

This is another link to a recent discussion! I listed a lot of favorite books there. I received a Kindle for my birthday last year and I am enjoying it! Though I still have stacks of books!! Unfortunately, about to begin moving today, but will follow this thread with interest!
Old 01-30-2011, 07:55 AM

I go by author, personally. I have a nook, DH suprised me with it at christmas. My top fav. authors are: Laurell K. Hamilton, Beatrice Small, Mary Janice Davidson, Janet Chapman, Christen Feehan, Sherilyn Kenyon, Gena Showalter, and Lyndsay Sands. All have series and most have stand alone books to. I may have a book addiction on top of this quilting one....