Boston area

Old 02-16-2012, 03:18 PM

Red face Boston area

My 2 boys(in their 20's), my hubby and myself are flying to Boston over the Easter weekend. It is something we have always wanted to do and with a 50%off seat sale--we are going
BUT--now where to stay? Not knowing the area--does anyone have any suggestions? I don't mind being out of the downtown core (I think it will be cheaper) but don't know the areas around to know where to look. Does that make sense? We want to see Fenway Park, maybe a hockey game, do the walking historical trail, Quincy marker. Any other good things to do or go?
RE a place to stay--I think it would be good to have one that offers a shuttle to and from the airport, breakfast included?
Any ideas will be really appreciated.

Joanne (Toronto Ontario)
Old 02-18-2012, 12:38 PM

I googled lodging near Boston, MA and checked out the expedia.com website. It is a good way to see what's there and compare peoples comments on various places. I was surprised to see a very low price for the Boston Park Plaza which is in downtown Boston. Those listings would also give you amenities such as a shuttle to the airport. If you see something you like go directly to their own website to check out the prices there as they can be less than expedia.
Dress warmly as early April can be chilly especially as Boston is on the water and windy. If you're into science go to the science museum. The top of the Prudential building is a good place to get a bird's eye view of the countryside.
I hope you all enjoy your trip.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:26 AM

Thanks for the info. We used hotwire and got an amazing deal right downtown. Now--any suggestions for fabric places in that area? We are quite close to Boston Commons and will also be heading out to Fenway Park area.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:44 AM

If you have time, visit the New England Quilt Museum in Lowell. We went on a Sunday. The museum itself is very interesting and seeing how beautifully that area of Lowell has been restored is so heartening! We also found a nice lunch in a nearby grocery/wine shop.