Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: brrrr in Massachusetts

brrrr in Massachusetts

when i awoke this morning, it was -11 degrees. at 4 p.m., it is now 3. tuesday is sposed to be 52! crazy crazy. last year we had 108 inches of snow. this year, we barely have 10.

Yep! I'm right there with you in the cold temps. I'm all stocked up on Diet Coke, apples, coffee, and a few Valentine chocolates. I can hunker down and sew for the evening.
    "He who masters the grey everyday is a hero."
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeachPalaceDesigns

Well it has been in the 20s at night here in Southern California but now we are back in the 80s. YIPPEE!!
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

oh i long for 80 degree temps. i need to get out of this frozen hell.

I just left CT where it was -3 this AM. High of 14 at 3 PM. Back in NJ now and no better! Tomorrow sounds like much the same. Definitely brrrrr!

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    It was 8 degrees last night in central Virginia, about 20 during the day today. I swear the furnace did NOT shut off all night!! Today I went out for a BBQ sammich, just because I wanted to breathe some fresh air for a minute and because I'll be trapped inside for the next 2-3 days with the snow we're getting as I type. To be followed by ice. To be followed by rain thru Tuesday. I pity anyone out in this, including and especially the electric power repair guys climbing those poles! There should be a special crown in heaven for their devoted service!

I swear, you can't prove global warming to me!

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

We are still thawing out here in my part of the forest. My driveway is an ice rink in the early morning and late afternoon. And a small lake during the warmer part of the day. It was cold and my electric bill proves it....lol

Stay warm, quilt and be safe.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Hmm.. We have had a mild winter so far -- some cold weather earlier, but nothing much (though we have had some bad years). We have been watching you folks suffer with the weather in places we used to live on the east coast/Midwest and we really feel for you. Keep warm and keep safe.
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Blog Entries
    Keep warm and sew.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Not that warm is South Carolina either, only 40 when I woke up at 5:00 am. I am from Massachusetts though so I can sympathize.

Yes, my outdoor thermometer was at 0 at daylight yesterday and never got out of the single digits all day. The wind chill was supposed to be -18 degrees. I'm just thankful that I did not have to shovel snow in that weather and I don't have to go out. We should make it to 32 degrees today with snow switching over to rain tonight. Maybe the furnace will get a break.

logs on the fire and quilt on the couch. My sewing room is soooo cold right now and recovering from Norovirus. Looking forward to a nice warm spring and hoping I don't complain when summer gets too hot.
    I feel your cold pain!

If I never see another snowflake, it will be too soon.
    Yooper32 aka: Donna B

Think this is the 1st year since I moved up to Iowa that I haven't seen grass sometime during the winter. I have close to 2 feet of snow in the back in places. Its warming up a little and I'm even seeing the icles melting on the gutters. My only concern is when all this snow does melt am I going to have issues in my basement? The ground was already saturated from all the rain we had before the snows came. The farmers around here I'm sure are worried about their fields as there was standing water before the snows and the rivers are up to the top of the banks.

It has been a crazy year for all areas.
    They even claim we might see the 50's this week but I'll wait to believe it when I see it.
    Suz in Iowa
    Designer EPIC, Brother XR3140
    Babylock Evolve, Innova 26" LS, MQR
    ProQ Designer, EQ7, Embird

Power Poster
    i know crazy for sure i woke up to 2 inches of snow this am snow wasmt even in forecast
    QUILTNMO

I would rather be in Massachusetts than anyplace else, no matter what the temperature. I MISS it so much!!

(born in Attleboro, raised in Rehoboth)
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Born and raised in the Berkshires, Pittsfield. Retired to South Carolina where the sun shines every day!