Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: burpcloths

burpcloths

Hi. I am trying to make Patti Henry's burp cloth but having a hard time understanding the directions from her PDF File. Can someone help me? Can't seem to get it pictured in my head. Thank you, Pat

Blog Entries
    did you actually try to make one using the instructions, or are you just reading it thru?
    I would post specific questions on the designer's blog:
    http://knittinginflashes.com/tutorials/burp-cloths/
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

I read through the instructions, and I don't get it, either. Yes, the steps are clear, but the purpose and results are not.
    People who start projects and never finish them are cooler
    than people who never start projects at all.

http://quiltingquick.weebly.com/blog.html

Power Poster
    I do burp cloths in the same way I would do the pillowcase method on a quilt. Draw my shape on a piece of fabric, place the fabric and flannel right side together on top of quilt batt. Sew all around the shape on my sewing line, leaving a 4 inch opening on a straight edge. Trim the edge all around and turn right side out through the opening. Pin the opening closed and hand stitch it shut. I do some top stitching around the edge and a design in the middle. If you don't put some quilting in the middle then they come out all wrinkled from the wash.

I do mine sort of like this pattern: http://naturesheirloom.blogspot.com/...ial-wfree.html

I do mine similar to the link Up North posted, but I have started curving only one side. I leave the other straight to catch any 'Force 10' spewing.
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down the their level and beat you with experience.

Tartan, That's what I've done but didn't do a design in the middle. Everyone seemed very pleased with them and I actually made more for one of the new Moms.