Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Busy day - carpet cleaning -- cats! >

Busy day - carpet cleaning -- cats!

Busy day - carpet cleaning -- cats!

Old 05-03-2010, 07:01 AM

Okay - so we buy a carpet cleaner.....a Bissell...REALLY like this one! We bought it for the same price we'd have to pay someone to come and clean the carpet and upholstery. We cleaned the hallway yesterday to test drive it. It works GREAT....is easy to use, easy to clean. WELLLLLLLL, got up this morning and a cat had barfed in the middle of the hallway!!! LOL LOL :shock: It wasn't because of the carpet cleaning solution......it's because he's such a pig with food.... :roll: So, I'm procrastinating.....I REALLY would rather be quilting.............. ;)
Old 05-03-2010, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Okay - so we buy a carpet cleaner.....a Bissell...REALLY like this one! We bought it for the same price we'd have to pay someone to come and clean the carpet and upholstery. We cleaned the hallway yesterday to test drive it. It works GREAT....is easy to use, easy to clean. WELLLLLLLL, got up this morning and a cat had barfed in the middle of the hallway!!! LOL LOL :shock: It wasn't because of the carpet cleaning solution......it's because he's such a pig with food.... :roll: So, I'm procrastinating.....I REALLY would rather be quilting.............. ;)
LOL, Kola overeats at times too. I have one of those little Green Machines along with the bigger carpet cleaner. That Green Machine works wonders on vehicle interiors.
Get the cat to clean up his mess so you can quilt. I plan on spending the day in the sewing room, have to finish a quilt asap.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:35 AM

I have 3 cats. But also 2 dogs. The cats food and water is on a counter in my (I am lucky to have my own!) bathroom. They get sick like thi from time to time, but usually on that counter or on that floor. I do not miss the days of the cats spending more time in the living area becuase of the carpets!
Old 05-03-2010, 08:35 AM
Power Poster

LOL it would be nice if furfamily could be taught to use these machines LOL
Old 05-03-2010, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by amma
LOL it would be nice if furfamily could be taught to use these machines LOL
Yeah -- and I have some people trying to say cats/dogs aren't smart.....yeah, right....THEY aren't the ones cleaning up after themselves!!!!! :mrgreen:
Old 05-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Power Poster

Mine do the same thing. And its always right where I have just cleaned.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Power Poster

We haad hardwood floors put in a couple of years ago, they never get sick on the kitchen floor, is the easiest to clean up. Ornge and white cat throws up the most, after 2-3 messes he finally gets up a hairball, then in 2-3 weeks we go through the same thing again. I have 4 cats, not all this very often.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:36 AM
Pam

I am hard hearted. Cats live OUTSIDE!! Barn cats. Dogs, on the other hand.... LOVE those!
Old 08-13-2012, 11:42 PM

Trying to find one of the best carpet cleaning services? Visit our web site for your needs AJS Carpet Cleaning, Inc. Salt Lake, UT .
Old 08-14-2012, 06:33 AM

My cat used to barf a lot, so I switched foods. I went to a premium brand, yes it's more expensive but he eats less, poops less and hasn't thrown up since I switched foods. It's been 10 months on the new food. So actually in the long run it isn't more expensive and I'm not cleaning up messes.