Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
calm individual turns red hot >

calm individual turns red hot

calm individual turns red hot

Old 09-26-2011, 05:57 PM

I've had very good luck with Amazon too; they are my #1 source. The range of products they sell is unreal. My wish list is full of a variety of items.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:44 PM

I will NEVER order from Joann's online again. I placed one order almost two years ago. I placed my order, and the order went through fine. I honestly forget what caused me to call, but for some reason I had to call CS to inquire about my order. (I think maybe I hadn't received notice that it had been shipped yet?) Anyway, the CSR checked on my order and told me that my order was all packed up and ready to ship. Absolutely, no question my order was complete, nothing sold out, back-ordered-it was all in a sealed box with my shipping info on it. Yes, I actually asked these questions. When I received my shipping notification, some items were now missing. I was HOT! I called up, explained my situation, calmly and politely. The CSR didn't care in the least. I then asked why my sealed COMPLETE package had been opened in the warehouse and some of my items removed, as I had been told less than 24 hours prior that my order was in fact complete and ready to ship. Neither the CSR or her supervisor cared that 1)I was lied to, or 2)someone was opening sealed packages and removing items. I got NOWHERE. Well, as an "apology", I was sent a coupon via email, however it expired 15 minutes after it was sent (literally), and I didn't open the email until after it had expired. When I called to explain that giving a person 15 minutes to use a coupon before it expired was really quite pointless, the response was again basically "So what". I was not sent another coupon that could actually be used. My opinion is they are big enough that they don't care at all about their customers. They will outright lie to them, then when called on it not care.
So, that is my experience with their online store. Best wishes to anyone dealing with them. There are other businesses that are grateful for my business, and will treat me as a valued customer.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:33 PM

Hey Dogpurse Maker! I guess it was the attitude with which I was treated also that was the issue. As with you, they didn't seem to care about not fulfilling their obligation. I was made to feel that I had done something wrong, when it was their mistake. It was a complete lack of empathy re: the situation and the delay.

The out-of-stock trick described also by the earlier member is another frustration.

A coupon that expires in 15 minutes? Just icing on the jellyroll, I suppose; a special gift selected and awarded by the "the Management Team". Well, I've learned my lesson.
Thanks for listening & understanding. I'm now a peachy pink!
Old 09-26-2011, 10:45 PM

In order to get their attention on poor customer service we've got to boycott their stores & their online store. They won't care one whit if it's not affecting their bank account!
Old 09-26-2011, 11:02 PM

So true, Ms. Sunflower!
Old 09-26-2011, 11:39 PM

I too have had problems in the past when I placed an order online with Joann's. I placed an order about 2 years ago for some of their flannel that was on sale. I ordered 5 yards of a pink flannel that had berries on it. When I received my package they had sent me 5 yards of this solid black cloth type material, it was wrapped in plastic but the little white label on it stated that it was the pink berry flannel. I emailed them and they wouldn't do anything, I brought it into the store and they said I put the white tag on it and switched the fabric! How could I do that, the plastic was sealed! WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT! I couldn't believe. I literally left crying I was so mad and upset! I filed a complaint with corporate and with the BBB and it got me no where!
Old 09-27-2011, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by newBe
Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I don't understand what you wrote to know exactly what is wrong. :?
I ordered something, paid for it, but did not receive it. Why do I need to reorder something I already did order? I also thought there was some policy where you are not responsible for nonpurchased items sent; perhaps this was a USPS rule?

Oh well. I followed the rules and reordered. I'm sure I will like the batik item once it reaches me. :lol:
If ABC company sends YOU a package and you didn't order from them then you can keep the package and not pay for it but if you order you need to pay. This was through the Post Office. If ABC sends the wrong item it depends on the business sometimes you have to return other times they say keep it we'll send your order, but since it was their mistake they should pay for shipping costs. Hope they get it right this time.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:06 AM

Maine Girl, I'm sorry that you had a bad experience also. The customer is not the enemy, JoAnn!

Willa, Thanks for the information.