Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Canning--Summer Bounty

I posted the recipe for the chocolate zucchini cake in the recipe section! Enjoy!

Barb

My garden is about at the end too, I still have a few cukes, and tomatoes, and I want to plant some Fall spinach!

I am also in northern Mich, near Traverse City. My tomatoes did better this year than any other time. In my garden down state, I only got about 1/4 the yield. I still have a lot to harvest. I freeze mine. I either make sauce or chili.

DH just brought in some too big cukes and a few zuchinni's. One nice tomato too. They are about done for now, but the z's are still going and I have beans also still.

I can see Santa (fed-ex) delivering all kinds of home canning this year instead of quilts to friends. HINT HINT I live on the main road and fed-ex deliveries to my back door for me.

He-he......... laughing like a loon here. It just shows how us Brits and you are divided by the same language. Canning - I thought this meant that you actually stored things in cans. It intrigued me, so I looked on the internet and found that you bottle stuff.

Lol. Me? Haven't got the time or the inclination to sterilise all those jars except for jams (jelly - here jelly is a set dessert like your jello) and chutnies. The rest of it gets cooked, boxed and put in the freezer.

Probably canning (bottling) fell out of favour here because new, affordable houses here have smallish kitchens and we rarely have basements for storage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2