Car troubles!

Old 05-07-2009, 07:10 PM

Shemjo.....It sounds like you are having the same problem my van was having. They replaced and fixed pretty much everything they could think of. Come to find out, it was a relay switch thingy in the engine somewhere. I wish I could remember what exactly it was. I looked thru all my paperwork, but since it took them about a month to figure it out and they didn't charge me for it, they kept the paper.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Power Poster

The last time I had car trouble and of course it ran fine for DH when he would test drive it to see what it was doing, I drove it right onto a car lot and came home with a another car. That's how I fix a stubborn car.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
The last time I had car trouble and of course it ran fine for DH when he would test drive it to see what it was doing, I drove it right onto a car lot and came home with a another car. That's how I fix a stubborn car.
Oh, I did that too! Except hubby was out to sea and when he came home, he had to sign all the papers. I had signed most of the using my Power of Attorney, but the rest he had to sign. lol

Mine is in the shop right now. I brought it in for not only a 30K mile checkup, it has 50K on it and it's 7 years old. It also had the dreaded Check Engine light go on and it was hesitating when going up hills. Well, after the $500 for the 30K check up, they also find out it needs a HUGE tuneup, plugs, new wires, new coil and some other thingamabob. Total will be $1300 when I pick it up in the morning. Ya know,,,,every time I get the savings accout to read what I LIKE it to read, something happens.....sigh..........
Old 05-08-2009, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo

I like the way you think :wink:
Old 05-08-2009, 06:06 AM
Power Poster

When I bought my car I wasn't asked if I was married, why would the car dealer care about that? :shock:
Old 05-08-2009, 06:06 AM
Power Poster

Dh's old truck always knows if we have an extra dollar, it will break down immediately.

I hope they get yours running, nothing worse than a car that won't run, makes me want to shoot it!

Ninnie
Old 05-08-2009, 08:19 AM

I had a mechanic give me that.. "if it isn't happening when we look at it we can't fix it" poop once.. I told him to give me his home number, 'cause I was going to call him from the back of beyond at 3 am when I was going home from work at the hospital and the danged thing died again. (Bloody car was only a year old, and I TOLD him what was wrong with it.) Guess what.. took it in, they fixed what I told them was wrong and I never had a problem with that part again.. worst lemon I ever had...hmmm, also the most expensive car I've ever had.
Go figure. Good luck darlin'.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:41 PM

I have my van back! :lol: :lol: It appears to be running fine. Replaced the under dash wires and stuff with salvage parts! Most of the expense was for labor looking for the problem and testing to see if that was really it! The computer even set the odometer correctly! Will be praying that it will run well now. BUT, the power steering was growling! What is this? Just because I have a little extra cash because I am not paying for heating right now, the car thinks I should spend it on HER! Sheeesh! Don't want to get a new vehicle until I get shed of my trailers. Don't want to put a hitch on the next vehicle! :?
Old 05-08-2009, 03:40 PM

Glad they got it fixed for you.

I have to go pick mine up. Don't like the pricetag that is put to it to get it, but that's ok.
My van always knows or SOMETHING with this family knows when I get the savings account to a certain amount...everything goes "flooey".
Maybe if I open another savings accoutn, divide the money in half to each account, THEN, nothing will need fixing because the "magic" number hasn't been reached yet. lol
Old 05-08-2009, 03:44 PM

Vehicles DO seem to know when there is extrs $$$ around! Just doesn't want me to get too big headed! :?