cat harness

Old 08-13-2011, 12:49 PM

Does anyone know of a pattern that I could use on my cat as a harness. There is something called thundershirt.com where you can purchase one, but it's for a dog and I would like to make one for my cat when we take her camping. It would be made out of a lightweight fabric like flannel or something to that effect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:57 PM

I would like this for the same reason
Old 08-13-2011, 01:06 PM

Looks cool! I wonder if it would work on cats. The top flap is elastic so around the body it makes it a tight fit, but loose around the neck. Interesting concept.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:22 PM

I saw a dog harness pattern at Moda Bake Shop. Maybe you could modify that to fit your cat.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:26 PM

Craftybear just told me something about this. I will pm her to come here to respond. BRB
Old 08-13-2011, 01:32 PM
Google Goddess

hello just use the unscented dryer sheets and rub on back of necks for the dogs and cats and it calms them down from the storms

my friend does this in Texas to her 3 lab dogs and now they are not afraid of thunderstorms no more

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
Craftybear just told me something about this. I will pm her to come here to respond. BRB
Old 08-13-2011, 01:33 PM

Don't know about a pattern, but we got harnesses for our cats at Petco.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:36 PM
np3
Power Poster

Originally Posted by craftybear
hello just use the unscented dryer sheets and rub on back of necks for the dogs and cats and it calms them down from the storms

my friend does this in Texas to her 3 lab dogs and now they are not afraid of thunderstorms no more

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
:shock:
Old 08-13-2011, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by sewellie
Does anyone know of a pattern that I could use on my cat as a harness. There is something called thundershirt.com where you can purchase one, but it's for a dog and I would like to make one for my cat when we take her camping. It would be made out of a lightweight fabric like flannel or something to that effect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
It isn't that she's afraid of thunder, it's because I don't want her to wander off when we're camping. My neighbor and I watch each other's animals while we're away and she was taking care of mine the last time (1 month ago) we went camping. Someone came on our property and shot her in the head with a pellet gun. Shattered her jaw on the right side, broke the bottom jaw and lodged in her neck. She is doing very well right now, but I just can't risk letting her roam around this neighborhood anymore. She somehow got through the cat door and went to our bedroom where my neighbor found her laying in a pool of blood and picked her up and took her to the kindest vet in the world.
So you see why I need to find something. I tried a dog harness but she slips out of it. I would like to attach it with velcroe so I could adjust it to her size.
Thanks for listening.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:38 PM

Keeps the static they sense away from them using dryer sheets. Thanks Craftybear.