This cat is not fat.......

Old 07-11-2010, 08:50 AM

She's beautiful. Will be interesting to see what the kittens look like.

You probably already know this, but wait until the kitten are full weaned (8 weeks, not the 6 most folks do) as this does make a difference. When her milk is fully dried up, then she can be spayed.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:12 AM

Since she's a black and white momma, and daddy's an orange tabby, you have a great chance of ending up with some calico kittens.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:22 AM

Thanks everyone, we are so anxious here, I think I'm more so than the kids are. Shelley, I had the same thought also, if there is a calico kitten , I'm going to name it Quiltie. Camera on the ready, box all lined, supplies if I have to assist, vets # in my phone. Oh, hurry kittens .
Old 07-11-2010, 11:30 AM
Power Poster

My vet told me that all calicos are girls!
I got 2 and when I went to have them checked out I told the vet that all I wanted was for 1 of them to be a girl. He then told me they both were before he even examined them :D:D
He was right!!!
Old 07-11-2010, 11:32 AM

Yes
something to do with a gene mutation tricolored is always female.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:41 AM

Looking forward to the kittens! You are well prepared.

My b-i-l said cats like for humans to be around them when they're delivering. They like praise each time one is born, almost like they're trying to show off their kittens.

Maria, that's a wonderful story about Misty, she sounds very smart. I hope you still get to see her.

Our cat loved yogurt!
Old 07-11-2010, 06:26 PM

What a story! I HAVE TEARS FILLING UP! I think all mama's feel this one! Did she continue running off after you had her fixed? She must be so precious. I couldn't imagine how you must have felt giving her babies away then she helping you with yours....she's a special kitty...[/quote]

Even after I had her fixed she never came back. I hated giving her babies away. I was pregnant and all I could think was what would I do if someone gave my baby away, but I had to. Four kittens running around were going to become 4 grown cats later and I had no room for that. I sold my house and haven't seen her for a while, but we will be going by the farm before we leave the area to see her one last time. I don't think I will ever have another cat because I will always compare them to her.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:48 AM

Panzi (my avatar kitty) looks like that and she's been spayed since she was 6 months old. She's just "big". Can't wait to see picks of the babies when they come.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Lyn

Originally Posted by Maride
What a story! I HAVE TEARS FILLING UP! I think all mama's feel this one! Did she continue running off after you had her fixed? She must be so precious. I couldn't imagine how you must have felt giving her babies away then she helping you with yours....she's a special kitty...

Even after I had her fixed she never came back. I hated giving her babies away. I was pregnant and all I could think was what would I do if someone gave my baby away, but I had to. Four kittens running around were going to become 4 grown cats later and I had no room for that. I sold my house and haven't seen her for a while, but we will be going by the farm before we leave the area to see her one last time. I don't think I will ever have another cat because I will always compare them to her.[/quote]

Oh no no no. Please have another cat. You sound like a wonderful cat person. I lost two of the most wonderful cats I have ever had and as you can see by my avatar I missed the love so I have more. Each with there own silly personality. Take your time then jump in again.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:56 AM

Love to see the new babies when they come. Our Annie came in heat once, about drove us crazy. As soon as she was over the heat we took her to the vet. Now she is the most sweet kitty.