cat talk for sewjoyce

Old 07-05-2009, 05:06 PM

I think if I had to pick a "pedigree" kitty I would want a curled ear kitty. My old man is part Siamese and he is so obnoxiously loud I know I wouldn't want one of them.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
I LOVE all kitties -- doesn't matter what color or breed. They are all special to me!

I've been thinking about getting a playmate for Emile. Hubby isn't too sold on the idea though...
Joyce....K has a cute little baby I'm sure she'd give you! lol

Oh, Siamese are such talkers! I have one next to me now...not that he's pure bred, but he's yelling at me, like he always does when he thinks he's hungry! He may not look Siamese, but the 2 features that he does have are his "whip" tail and the points on his ears. I wouldn't know about the Siamese in him if I wasn't there when he was born. lol
Old 07-05-2009, 05:30 PM

The old man will wait until we are all in bed and almost asleep and THEN he will stand in the living room and start to SCREAM!!!!! Oh he agrivates us sometimes. I had to laugh my butt off one night when he was doing this and DD was getting really irritated and all of a sudden she yelled at the top of her lungs "Boo I am going to slit your throat!!!!" He shut up. Now when he is doing this and I know she is awake I will lay there and say to her "Say it, Say IT" until she yells at him.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:32 AM
Power Poster

ah, see, you start off with a great thread, great pictures,...and then hear more great stories...Boo, why don't you use that voice on the Evil* kitty?
Oh, joyce, that is just a nickname, I am sure you would be very happy with him at your house, right K? :lol:
Old 07-06-2009, 12:57 PM

Yes Joyce I will send Evil to you anytime you want. I will just have to come up with a good story for DH as to why he is gone. Right now I am on my knees at the computer cause Evil is asleep in my computer chair and I don't want to disturb him to sit down. He is so cute when he is asleep.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-18226.jpe  
Old 07-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Power Poster

Hi Sewjoyce,

Wow I never expected this thread to get so much activity! I like all cats too and have had "moggies" all my life (non purebred cats). Got hooked on the "fancy cats" as I call them when I went to my very first cat show and started researching the different breeds. My first ragdoll was a rescue cat as well. anyway it just kind of went crazy from there.

Ragdolls vary a lot in size. Rhumba is 10 pounds or so and Tango is a tad heavier, maybe 12 lbs.

The more pictures I see of Emile the more I think he is a Ragdoll and the shelter didn't realize. Not all of them like to be picked up and not all are lap cats. Himmies, like persians have that wooly undercoat and matt like crazy if you don't groom them regularly. Ragdoll coats are more forgiving. Anyway your Emile is gorgeous and just exudes sweetness in his pictures. I knew I would have to chat at you about him.

FF
Old 07-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kwhite
I think if I had to pick a "pedigree" kitty I would want a curled ear kitty. My old man is part Siamese and he is so obnoxiously loud I know I wouldn't want one of them.
They are called "American Curl" and they are a riot and half those cats. My friend has one. Talk about personality. But then again they all have personality from barn cat to pampered show cat.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Power Poster

Yes Joyce I will send Evil to you anytime you want. I will just have to come up with a good story for DH as to why he is gone. Right now I am on my knees at the computer cause Evil is asleep in my computer chair and I don't want to disturb him to sit down. He is so cute when he is asleep.
Awww and he does look like a sweet angel there sleeping. I won't ask why his name is "Evil", I can just imagine. :lol:
Old 07-06-2009, 01:08 PM

hehehe, F.F., quite a long and funny story behind "Evil".
Old 07-06-2009, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Awww and he does look like a sweet angel there sleeping. I won't ask why his name is "Evil", I can just imagine. :lol:
Cause he IS EVIL. I have a 19 year old (right now sick) Siamese barn cat that he pounds on every chance he gets. He was born under my shed and left there by mom at under three weeks. (SHE KNEW!!!!) and we have kept him alive ever since.