Cats

Old 08-09-2011, 04:07 PM

Had the worlds most wonderful cat, Rhett ! I couldn't sit at the computer without him in my lap; couldn't read the paper nor a book without him on top of it ! If Itook a bubble bath he would hang on the side of the tub and play with the bubbles; I would lift my knees out of the water and he would sit on my knees and play with the bubbles. Oh was he my love. We would sleep and hold paws; he would get up during the night, tee tee down the drain of the tub; get a drink of water and get back in the bed and BURP ! He would lay up on my shoulder while I did house work, even vacuuming. He loved Halloween...he would stand at the door and watch for the children....sad to say that Rhett had stomach cancer and I had to have him put down....still haven't gotten another because I loved that guy so much !
Old 08-09-2011, 04:18 PM

Absolutely! My cat knows that I am interested in the computer and that he gets more attention when he is in front of it.

They aren't stupid!
Old 08-09-2011, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Honeynga
Had the worlds most wonderful cat, Rhett ! I couldn't sit at the computer without him in my lap; couldn't read the paper nor a book without him on top of it ! If Itook a bubble bath he would hang on the side of the tub and play with the bubbles; I would lift my knees out of the water and he would sit on my knees and play with the bubbles. Oh was he my love. We would sleep and hold paws; he would get up during the night, tee tee down the drain of the tub; get a drink of water and get back in the bed and BURP ! He would lay up on my shoulder while I did house work, even vacuuming. He loved Halloween...he would stand at the door and watch for the children....sad to say that Rhett had stomach cancer and I had to have him put down....still haven't gotten another because I loved that guy so much !
It looks like you and I are describing the same cat except his name was Scarface. I just went ahead and gave up some space on the desk for him to lay while I was on the computer. He would gently paw my hand and that meant "scratch behind my ear or gently rub under my chin". He had his own half of the sofa, half of the queen bed, slept in my arms didn't ball up like a kitty, I mean he stretched out. He would walk between the shower curtains while I took a shower and paw at me. He would sit on the vanity while I washed my face and brushed my teeth and he wanted just enought water on him to wash his face.He got up at night with me when I went to the bathroom. We played tag and hide and seek. He liked to jump at shadows on the wall. He was the best D--- CAT in Florida. His death is just to new and I haven't gotten over him yet. He was my first pet. and he might just be my last. The pain is to great, I am miserable with him. I think I need a quilt called "Scarface", but my efforts at quilting have not been as fast as I would like.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:37 PM

Yes, my two Maine Coons like to take an active role with my computer. I have discovered that when they come between me and the computer, and I can't reach the table, the cordless mouse works just as well on the one patch of my lap that isn't covered. Course, I can't read the screen as well from that distance. But, if I move my glasses further down my nose I can kind of read the screen.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:38 PM

My 20 + lb part Maine Coon Cat walks on the key board, and then sits on it. go figure. But I love him