Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Celebrating our 55th wedding anniversary today !!!!

Congratulations !!!

Sounds like you both had fun.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Heartfelt congratulations!! My DB and SIL celebrated 54 years last August. Tomorrow would have been the 50th anniversary for me and my first husband had we not divorced in the 80's. He has since passed away (Jan 2010) but I'm sure we would have gotten together for dinner if he were alive...just for laughs.

Congratulations - spent my day similar to yours in watching the Iowa and Iowa State games, but I was rooting for the Huskers. ;-)

My anniversary was the nov 23rd. It was our 43 years of marriage. May we all make another year.

Congratulations on your 55th. I just had my 50th in May, so hoping to make it a few more. You should have went to our Joann's. Only 7 people there at 7 am, plenty of help. No waiting at check-out. I got 22 cuts and picked up a few half-off items, and was still home by 8:30. Congrats again and many more.

Congrats to you and DH for many more happy healthy yrs. Dec 7th we celebrate 49 and like barny said is it wonderful we can live together for so long and be happy. We only had a weekend for a honeymoon we didn't have money for anything lavish back then. We had snow to but not as much as you. We lived in R.I. back then and we were so young. I went to Joanne's Fri. and the lines were long but they had it going so smoothly 4 girls cutting and the manager at the register and another person and I was surprised how quickly the lines went. So I was happy I went. Congrats again and glad you got to go for lunch at least. Sue

Congradulation, that is a big feat and you both should proud.

Congratulations on a wonderful accomplishment. We will soon have 43 and I hope we can run into our 55th.

Congratulations and warm wishes for many, many more.

Blog Entries
    remarriage for hubby and me and we have had 40 years together and are now each 72. Congratulations and wishing you MANY MORE.

Vickey

The Beautiful Willamette Valley In Oregon
    Congratulations, you two! And here's to many, many more!!
    Shirley
    "We shall pass this way on Earth but once; if there is any kindness we can show, or good act we can do, let us do it now, for we will never pass this way again." Stephen Grellet

Many congratulations.

Hope you had a lovely day yesterday and congratulations to you both !

Congratulations....we celebrated our 55th earlier this year in April.......we picked a bit warmer time of the year......
    cherry blossom weather......
    must have been something to 1957......very good year !!!!!!

Congratulations!

Blog Entries
    Congratulations to you on your 55th. We are heading for 53 in June, 2013. We renewed our marriage vows at the Little Brown Church in the Vale on June 11, 2010. And had our second honey(?)moon in the Amana Colonies where my husband's father is from. Going for the 55th renewal of vows in 2015. Which will make my husband 80 and me 77. Heck, we'll just stay home and try to remember. Many, many more years to you both. Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

Congratulations on 55 years together. We are almost to 43 and so many people are surprised that anyone can stay together so long. They don't "get it". It takes caring and patience to last so long good for you.

Congradulations to you both!

Congratulations. That is a wonderful milestone. My in laws were married 8 days shy of 62 yrs., and I tell my DH he came from good stock. We got started late so we won't be so lucky. Here's to 56 years looking at you.

Congratulations on 55 years!

A remarkable history. Reading all these congratulations made me wonder how many combined years of marriage we have on this board. Bet if we calculated, it would be a higher ratio than average! Perhaps quilting/sewing makes all of us a bit more patient -- or we have an outlet when we get frustrated. Here's to all happy marriages. May they last many more years!

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your anniversary, I love to hear about the long marrieds. We've made it 34 so far and I'm very contented with my wonderful man. Thank goodness we made it through our turbulent younger years and kids.

That is really awesome! Bless you both for being consistent and loving all those years! I am sure it was always easy!! ha ha. Congratulations!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladygirl View Post
    How can it be that many years since we tied the knot? A central Iowa wedding-darn cold and 2 ft of snow on the ground--then we went to Minneapolis on for a weekend honeymoon--was even colder and more snow there. Of course, we were a lot younger but should have gone south instead of north!!!!!! Celebrated today by going shopping at JoAnn's (well, I went in the door-saw the checkout line going to the back of the store and only 2 checkouts, no carts or baskets to be had and went right back out), ate out for lunch, went to the grocery store and home to watch Iowa and Iowa State both lose football games this afternoon. Iowa State basketball tonight so hope it turns out better. Hope we make it for another year!!!!!!!

Congratulations on 55. You are up 13 yrs on me. DH and I celebrated our 42nd in Aug. We've been married more than half of our lives, lol. But good half. Wishing you many many more, perhaps even 55 more lol. Enjoy your lives together!!

Congrats!! Wow what a story about the honeymoon..... you guys probally didn't even notice the cold..!! LOL!!
    Best wishes and many more years...
    hugs
    Quiltinmama

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast