Cell Phone Apps

Old 04-03-2011, 11:33 PM

Those of you who have a smart phone, what apps did you put on it?

I'm still trying to figure out how to download some books, and I want to download some games, and after that, I don't know.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:07 AM

I don't have a smart phone but I do have an Ipod touch. I have the kindle app which I love and the blockfab app which is free and just great to design quilt blocks, there is also a flashlight app I love too. Have fun.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by liminanc
I don't have a smart phone but I do have an Ipod touch. I have the kindle app which I love and the blockfab app which is free and just great to design quilt blocks, there is also a flashlight app I love too. Have fun.
Wow! I hadn't found the 'blockfab' app. Immediately searched and found it. Thanks! (even though this wasn't my post originally)
Old 04-04-2011, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by liminanc
Wow! I hadn't found the 'blockfab' app. Immediately searched and found it. Thanks! (even though this wasn't my post originally)
Old 04-04-2011, 03:43 AM

The Block Tool iPhone/iPod touch app is good. I reviewed it on my blog, here: http://quiltthinking.wordpress.com/2...pp-block-tool/
Old 04-04-2011, 03:57 AM

I have an app for my iphone called QuiltCalc but have not used it a lot. It has a lot of options.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:50 PM

Cool! It never occurred to me that there would be quilting apps for cell phones!
Old 04-04-2011, 06:57 PM

I play several games on my iPhone. My favorite game is called Sparkle. I like the type of games they call bubble poppers. Bonsai Blast is another bubble popper and I also have Labyrinth, Arcade Bowling, Bejeweled and a bunch of other games. For non game apps, I have CNN, Pandora for music, Urban Spoon to find restaurants, P-Tracker (female stuff), the local TV channels for news info and two airlines. Red Laser is a really cool app, you put the UPC code on the screen (it uses the camera) and it will tell you where you can find that product for what prices around you. Be sure to say "yes" when it asks if it should use your current location.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:34 PM

I like Pandora, FaceBook, Talking Tomcat, GlowStick, PaperToss, Sudoku, ToyCamera, I use Google Maps all the time to find addresses. I am going to try Sparkle and Red Laser. I like word games, especially Frozen Lexicon and Word Popper. If you want to play scrabble with someone else, try Words With Friends. I just found the American Folk Art Museum Presents, anyway, there is more, you can find it with that. It is free but you have to be connected to the internet to download the red and white quilt show.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:57 AM

Red Laser souns awesome, and of course I'm going to have to find the folk art museum's quilt show. Thanks again!

I'm still trying to figure out how to add another email address to it because I stuck my Amazon account on an address I use only for vendors (that way, I can just ignore all their marketing). I can't download books until I get to that email...