Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Check your PayPal profile

Check your PayPal profile

Heads-up - I made an online purchase yesterday using PayPal. I entered my home address for shipping and the same address for billing. Once the transaction was complete, I got a pop-up saying that the address I'd entered for shipping was not my preferred address and was I sure I wanted to use the address I'd entered? Well, yes.

I then went to my PayPal profile to see what on earth was going on and why my preferred address would be something other than my home address. Quite a surprise - I found an address in Indonesia and two addresses in Ohio along with my own address.

I've notified PayPal, but all I got was instruction on how to remove the false addresses with no concern about how they got there. I Googled "unknown addresses in PayPal profile" and apparently I'm not the only one.
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

Thank you for the info.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for telling us about this!

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Thank you. Will check mine

Omg. I will check immediately. Thank you.
    Hand quilting preserves my sanity.

Wow that is concerning.. Thanks so much for the heads up on this.

I checked my account, all is well there.

I sometimes wonder where some the ladies here shop or browse around the internet. That causes so much commotion with you accounts :bank, paypal, ebay, credit cards etc.

Usually if something is amiss on my bank statements it's operator error. And I correct it immediately.
    I can't ever recall anything of mine ever hacked or personal info changed without me doing it.
    Maybe it has a lot to do with the fact I don't participate in any of the social networking things. If you can't call me or email with gossip or family info. Then I am out of the loop.....LOL
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I removed my card from my PayPal account. The account is still open and I can manually add the card any time I want to use the account. It's an extra step and a bit of a pain, but PayPal seems to be having lots of trouble recently so I think it's worth it.

Blog Entries
    i stopped using my paypal account long ago. sometimes that is inconvenient when i want an item and paypal is preferred, but i just pass by the item then.

chasinghawk... i love your last lines.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Blog Entries
    Just checked mine. It's okay. However, ***remember*** to actually log out of your PayPal account before closing the window. Just closing the window does not log you out. I know because I tested this after finding out that eBay does not log you out of PayPal after you finish paying for a purchase that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter View Post
    I removed my card from my PayPal account. The account is still open and I can manually add the card any time I want to use the account. It's an extra step and a bit of a pain, but PayPal seems to be having lots of trouble recently so I think it's worth it.
    Thanks for that info, will do that immediately!

Thanks for the heads up!
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

Logging our of Paypal or wherever is not going to do much good if you have a trojan
    on your computer. You might want to have your computer checked and protected.

I've been thinking about setting up a PayPal account, but I think I'll pass! Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by EdieClay View Post
    I've been thinking about setting up a PayPal account, but I think I'll pass! Thanks for the heads up.

I have had a paypal account for around 12 years now. I never have had an issue.
    Just as Prism says.......you have to log out everytime, just as one does with online banking.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Blog Entries
    Wow, I use Pay Pal for everything. I will check this out, thanks !!!
    Life is SEW great!!!!!!

I have a seperate account that I use only for online purchases. I don't keep much in there, just 20.00 or so. When I want to buy something I transfer the amount to that account. If they get my card #, they won't get much

I'm with "ChasingHawk"--we're both outta the loop. Recently I rec'd an email from a school classmate--she wanted to know if I was on Facebook. "If you'll 'friend me, I'll friend you". I told her I do not, will not ever "do" Facebook. If anyone wants to 'friend' me, they can call, write, or email. I am so fed up with "LIKE US ON FACEBOOK" that is everywhere! My grocery store even has it in their ads. Oh, and so does the local tv station.

people must stay up all night figuring out they can make the rest of us very unhappy. Why don't they just get a real job! Thanks for the heads up. I always pass on to adult children who may not be watching closely.

Thanks for the information.

Blog Entries
    thanks for the info, I just checked mine and so far nothing is listed that's not suppose to be there.

I got an email that said it was from paypal checking my address info I didn't open the email. I wasn't sure they did that so I went in and deleted my card info. I guess I will just put it in when I use it. I am so afraid I am thinking I may just close the account

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
    I checked my account, all is well there.

I sometimes wonder where some the ladies here shop or browse around the internet. That causes so much commotion with you accounts :bank, paypal, ebay, credit cards etc.

Usually if something is amiss on my bank statements it's operator error. And I correct it immediately.
    I can't ever recall anything of mine ever hacked or personal info changed without me doing it.
    Maybe it has a lot to do with the fact I don't participate in any of the social networking things. If you can't call me or email with gossip or family info. Then I am out of the loop.....LOL
    There is no reason to assume that the Internet is the most risky place to use a credit card. It isn't by a long shot.

We are fairly sure that the person who stole our credit card info a few months ago was someone with whom we made a motel reservation over the phone. Usually I'd do that on the Internet on a secure site, but I felt I needed to verify that the place would have a dog friendly room available when we arrived. Next time I'll do the reservation online after calling about the dog. I think the secure website is safer.

Another non-Internet card theft opportunity that happens very frequently is in restaurants when the servers routinely carry the card away from your table to process them. Inappropriate charges in that situation happened twice to some friends of ours, and restaurants should be pressured to put card readers at the table.

If you go to "settings" on Paypal there is an option to have them notify you if any changes are made on your account profile. I've used Paypal for at least a dozen years without any problems. They do the best they can to keep their site safe. If they didn't they'd quickly crater! It is far preferable, in my opinion to make purchases from sites that accept Paypal than to give my card data to any random site that is selling something I would like to buy. Generally, unless it's a very well-known site I wouldn't buy from it unless they take Paypal.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

pay pal scams

Quote Originally Posted by ArtsyOne View Post
    Heads-up - I made an online purchase yesterday using PayPal. I entered my home address for shipping and the same address for billing. Once the transaction was complete, I got a pop-up saying that the address I'd entered for shipping was not my preferred address and was I sure I wanted to use the address I'd entered? Well, yes.

I then went to my PayPal profile to see what on earth was going on and why my preferred address would be something other than my home address. Quite a surprise - I found an address in Indonesia and two addresses in Ohio along with my own address.

I've notified PayPal, but all I got was instruction on how to remove the false addresses with no concern about how they got there. I Googled "unknown addresses in PayPal profile" and apparently I'm not the only one.
    any time you get an e-mail from paypal log off your email and sign in to paypal the scam is that they send a fake paypal notice to u and you log into it then they have your email which is your screen name and they have your password because you gave it ti the fake paypal site

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast