Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Chimney Pot  (?) for June6995 >

Chimney Pot (?) for June6995

Chimney Pot (?) for June6995

Old 09-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Power Poster

I use it for flowers :wink:
Old 09-10-2010, 04:36 PM

Thanks for sharing your "garden ornaments!" They will last forever. I think they are so neat and wonderful. I wish I had a "bunch" of them for my garden, but then my garden is small because we live in a condo.

There are places that specialize in Architectural Salvage and these are always among the things that are sought after. I saw about 20 in an antique mall back in May and would have loved to have had one that was a Princess style (my name and description) because the top was scalloped like a crown. Beautiful! I want one for my front porch!

June in Cincinnati, OH USA
Old 09-11-2010, 01:26 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by june6995
Thanks for sharing your "garden ornaments!" They will last forever. I think they are so neat and wonderful. I wish I had a "bunch" of them for my garden, but then my garden is small because we live in a condo.

There are places that specialize in Architectural Salvage and these are always among the things that are sought after. I saw about 20 in an antique mall back in May and would have loved to have had one that was a Princess style (my name and description) because the top was scalloped like a crown. Beautiful! I want one for my front porch!

June in Cincinnati, OH USA
June, they are much sort after here too, purely to act like a jardiniere, for holding plant pots etc., I had one years ago with a beautiful fuchsia cascading down from it, wonderful!

Hope you find one soon!!
Old 09-11-2010, 03:22 AM

Right now, the difference between wanting one and getting one is Great! We are trying to get rid of things we don't need, as my h. calls it "de-accumulate" and having one more Chimney Pot to dispose of is just "one more thing" I don't need to have sitting on the front porch. We have reached the age where we are "antiques" ourselves and are not going to be around forever.

I do love to see the variety of shapes and sizes.

If anyone else has one in their possession, I would love to hear from you and see photos.

June in Cincinnati