Christmas Day Quilting

Old 12-25-2012, 09:11 AM

We have our daughter here so there will be just the three of us for dinner, dogs and pups to take care of, maybe get some sewing done and dinner to cool. Hope everyone has a very merry Christmas and enjoys the day.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:05 AM

We had my DH family here for dinner etc on Dec 23rd. 52 people. It was great seeing them all. ON Christmas Eve we go to My parents house. I brought half of the food and my sister brought the other half. My parents are 85 and 88 and doing the food is too much stress for them but they still like to have us all. I made homemade caramel rolls for this morning. MY DD and SIL were here with my grandson and 2 of my other kids. My other DS and DIL live in Japan and I will Skype with them later. Daughter and SIL left to go visit grandma 4 hours away. DH and DS are getting ready to plow snow later. We are supposed to get 6 to 9 inches. I feel like I have gained 20 pounds from all of the food. I am going upstairs to hide in my sewing room for a while for a break. I have a new shelf for my TV to install. A quilt rack too. My sewing room is a mess from making last minute Christmas gifts. Merry Christmas to all.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:46 PM

We are having our first big snowfall of the year. Already close to a foot, nice wet heavy stuff, the city/state crews are out taking care of the roads, not sure how long the storm is supposed to last but we have a blizzard warning through midnight tonight. This storm is affecting a good portion of the lower half of Alaska. I wanted to see some new snow on xmas but this is more than I bargained for. Good thing I only have to go about 2 miles home from work.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:10 PM

Sounds like fun!
Old 12-25-2012, 03:17 PM

I went to church early this morning and was made very welcome.after driving bak home had a bacon sandwich which I had been dreaming bout on the way back. Decided to start a baby quilt and went looking for a pattern. Well hours later realised I was hungry steak nd chips. Snoozed and played with dogs. Other than going to church it was a typical day. But never mind I still eyed very minute.
Old 12-25-2012, 04:56 PM

Christmas was always a big day with everyone coming to my house. Food, presents, kids, animals and joy. But I had to move to Washington 7 yrs ago (economy) so it is me and my two sons who share my home. (works out great for us) but I do miss all the excitement. Still, facebook, email and phones are going all day with pictures, and messages form all. Not quite the same, but still good. The two boys and I exchanged gifts (got good things. smile) and they are cooking dinner. Plan on working on youngest sons flannel quilt this evening. We are fed, warm and safe. what more can one ask for......
Old 12-25-2012, 06:42 PM

Will you adopt me? That sounds like a perfect Christmas.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:35 AM

For the first time in 10 years, I had both of my children home. We spent the day at my dad's house. His lady friend brought half the lunch and I brough the other half. We had some friends over as well and had a glorious time. Got good gifts, and now today I will clean up the remaining mess from cooking. Thanking God for another wonderful Christmas.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:06 AM

Your home sounds like the gathering place. I wish that our families were living near but they are out of town. So for Christmas we had our son, my husband's uncle, my husband and me. We had Polish kielbasa with scrambled eggs and bisquits for breakfast, then dips to hold us off until dinner which consisted of a leg of lamb, garlic smashed potatoes, string beans, and fancy carrots. I was trying to think of what to do between breakfast and dinner. So I brought out the picture albums from when our sons were born, and everything in between and other Christmases. We enjoyed looking at them so much and remember those who are no longer with us.