Christmas Gifts

Old 11-16-2011, 06:48 PM

Default Christmas Gifts

Only a relatively few days til Christmas and my to-do list is yet to be made!!
Would you share some ideas/links/photos for quick sewn gifts, inspiration and ideas.
(It's not like me to be Scrooge)
Thanks, Terry
Old 11-17-2011, 03:49 AM
Power Poster

you runner in your avatar would make a nice gift
Old 11-17-2011, 04:05 AM
dd

I'm making a Sunbonnet Sue throw quilt for MIL, table runner for mom, pillowcases, pj's, scarf w/ pockets, mug buckets, lunch bag w/matching sandwich bags for daughter to match tote I made for b-day, book cover, apron, and that wrap that goes on the coffee cups from High's. This one has a window for a pic of her granddaughter. Then, the best, I let my grandson draw/scribble on a piece of muslin and traced his hands. I'm making potholder's out of it for his mother and great-grandmothers and me of course. I'm thinking of writing around his hand, "Aeden's helping hand" because he always wants to help. I was think of using smaller pieces and making keychains for the men with a window on the other side for his pic.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by dd View Post
I'm making a Sunbonnet Sue throw quilt for MIL, table runner for mom, pillowcases, pj's, scarf w/ pockets, mug buckets, lunch bag w/matching sandwich bags for daughter to match tote I made for b-day, book cover, apron, and that wrap that goes on the coffee cups from High's. This one has a window for a pic of her granddaughter. Then, the best, I let my grandson draw/scribble on a piece of muslin and traced his hands. I'm making potholder's out of it for his mother and great-grandmothers and me of course. I'm thinking of writing around his hand, "Aeden's helping hand" because he always wants to help. I was think of using smaller pieces and making keychains for the men with a window on the other side for his pic.

Where did you get the pattern for the lunch bag and matching sandwich bags?
Old 11-17-2011, 05:00 AM

I'm making rice bags to heat up in the microwave. If you make just little tubes or whatever, people could put them in their pockets, or make them big enough to put in a bed as a foot warmer or something. I used some flannels I found, and you can individualize them even further by finding a way to scent it with that person's favorite scent. Dried lavender, or cloves, or whatever. Super quick and easy and CHEAP!!! lol
Old 11-17-2011, 09:19 AM

I've appliqued cute cutouts onto kitchen towels and put rick rack on the bottoms to match. I knitted dishcloths to go with some and am making Christmas Tree napkins to go with others.

For the granddaughters I'm crocheting scarves, headbands and mittens to match.

Diannia
Old 11-17-2011, 09:47 AM
Power Poster

Good luck all, not making any quilts for gifts this year. Everyone I know has them already and some I don't know. I am just making more.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:18 AM

I'm sewing potholders to go with knitted dishcloths for my co-workers and the wifes of my bosses. Last year I made wristlets and put some lip balm in each one.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:26 AM
Power Poster

My family is small, only four adults and three teens to give presents at Christmas. They have all the quilting items I make so my Christmas buying is point and click! Kindle gift cards, Itunes gift cards, etc. I try to give each of my DDs one special gift just from me. One year I hand wrote all my favorite recipes on recipe cards and gave each DD a set in a pretty recipe box. I even had a few handwritten ones from my grandmother framed for them. They loved it.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:34 AM
dd

http://tipnut.com/lunch-combo/ This is where I found the instruction for the lunch bag. I made the top right back and put insulation in it. I went to the bottom of the page and copied instructions for the velcro sandwich back but haven't gotten to make them yet. Tipnut has so many ideas for all sorts of things.

Originally Posted by quilterj View Post
Where did you get the pattern for the lunch bag and matching sandwich bags?