Christmas House...

Old 08-09-2012, 07:40 AM

All I can say is WOW! need you to come my way.You have always wanted to come to Canada right
Old 08-09-2012, 07:44 AM

and I thought that I went overboard! I just love it.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:47 AM

I need to show this to my Ladies Circle Friends at church. I have a small, 10 room house that I put a tree in every room (some rooms get 2-3 trees, smaller ones). They usually come to my house for our December meeting after I have it all decorated. They think I am out of my gord for doing all that! I love it! And...it seems as you do too! It is so very pretty!
Old 08-09-2012, 08:50 AM

Love your decorations! My cats would like it if we put that many trees in our house too! I don't really decorate the inside of our house for Christmas, just a tree and some stockings. The outside is another story tho. Our outside holiday pics are posted on our website http://www.twistedvegas.com
Old 08-09-2012, 11:16 AM

Thanks for sharing your wonderful decorations! I can not wait to show my hubby that there is someone like me who
likes to decorate their whole downstairs!
Old 08-09-2012, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by GrandmaNewt View Post
Love your decorations! My cats would like it if we put that many trees in our house too! I don't really decorate the inside of our house for Christmas, just a tree and some stockings. The outside is another story tho. Our outside holiday pics are posted on our website http://www.twistedvegas.com
OH my.... that is wonderful. I like to do lots of lights outside, lighted garland on the porch, yard stuff (not as much as you do.. LOL) bushes, trees, and wreaths to.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
Thank you for sharing. It is all so beautiful. Just curious, when do you start decorating?

Since I don't celebrate Halloween, I like to start near the end of October... slowly bringing decorations out.
I start about a week before Thanksgiving, getting it almost all done by then, and then, we go get the real tree and put it up. Upstairs, I have a walk in attic, and most of my trees, I put in there decorated, covered with bicycle bags and sheets. All my garlands and wreaths, hang on the walls. Many of my large display things go in there on shelves covered with plastic. So... that stuff comes out and sets up in a few days... then, I bust out the giant containers that holds the rest of it. I have a pic of my bedroom and bath somewhere... I need to hunt them up.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by kensington View Post
I start about a week before Thanksgiving, getting it almost all done by then, and then, we go get the real tree and put it up. Upstairs, I have a walk in attic, and most of my trees, I put in there decorated, covered with bicycle bags and sheets. All my garlands and wreaths, hang on the walls. Many of my large display things go in there on shelves covered with plastic. So... that stuff comes out and sets up in a few days... then, I bust out the giant containers that holds the rest of it. I have a pic of my bedroom and bath somewhere... I need to hunt them up.
Storing it all gets to be a problem when you decorate extensively. We do the outdoor decorating real big for both Halloween and Christmas. At one point 3 rooms in our house were dedicated to storage rendering the rooms unusable. A year ago we bought a 45 foot semi trailer with the wheels cut off and had a crane set it in our back yard. With the addition of shelves down both sides, I finally have my guest room back along with a sewing room and one room in the house is still storage. It takes us 2 weeks to set up Christmas, the official lighting is always Thanksgiving day. Funny how it only takes 2 days to take it back down.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:15 PM

WOW!!!! Just Beautiful. What great memories you are making for your family.I want to put up my dec now LOL. Thanks for sharing,i love christmas.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:08 PM

Wonderful show for the holidays. I wish I had the energy to do all that.