Cigarette Smoke

Old 11-30-2011, 07:37 PM

there is also a product out there called odoban or something like that I first saw it at Sam's club but I am sure you can find it other places especially if you do a search online for it
Old 11-30-2011, 09:27 PM

Unhappy

I'd be banned from loads of swaps then as I smoke, have pets, and I wear perfume, but the one thing I don't have is thick skin!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
The swaps I'm in the rules say no smokers allowed. Some try to slip pass thinking no one can tell the difference. They are thick skinned enough already by ignoring the rules to have hurt feelings. There are swap groups with no inside pets, no perfume, etc. There are swaps for everyone to participate.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:38 PM

I have use a bar of Dial soap, put a bar in zip lock bag with the items leave over night
Old 12-03-2011, 12:43 AM

rinse whatever you can in vinegar. it cuts the film and neutralizes the odor.
i haven't seen any swaps that ban smokers. i have seen where they suggest you not smoke around the blocks or whatever, and defuzz things before you send them out. i have 2 dogs and 2 cats. they own me.....and the house...and everything in it EXCEPT the lint roller. and why would a smoker have thick skin? i smoked for 32 yrs and if anything, i was hypersensitive to feelings of people disapproving of me or disliking me because i smoked. don't hate the player, hate the game. most smokers come to a natural quitting point. they don't need a lot of sneers and stress from non-smokers. that always made me want a cigarette!

Last edited by nancia; 12-03-2011 at 12:53 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:09 PM

I have removed myself from the International Swap because of the thread. I did not realize that some felt so strongly about cigaerette smoke. I guess if we have to smoke outside in public places and humiliate ourselves as smokers, and, the only place we can smoke is in our home ( which I rarely do...I still choose to smoke outside) we know it is bad for us. We know it is unhealthy...but I just want to thank everyone for pointing this out to us smokers. I guess we all have our vices.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:49 PM

In defense of smokers, it is an addiction, not easily given up. My husband was a smoker for many years, and 14 years after he quit smoking he died of lung cancer. I will not be critical of smokers because it is not as easy as just deciding one morning that you will not smoke any more. I have severe allergies to cigarette smoke, but that is not the smokers problem. I also can't be around perfume and a lot of the air fresheners. But also, I have 2 large dogs and know that sometimes my house smells "doggie". I hope I am not judged because I choose to have a four-legged companion. Please have some compassion for those of us who are not "perfect".