Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Cilla

Blog Entries

Cilla

Terrible news about Cilla. I'm glad one of her sons were with her just so shocked she was the pop star when I listened to pop music and only 5 years older than me. It puts life in its place.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Quote Originally Posted by DOTTYMO View Post
    Terrible news about Cilla. I'm glad one of her sons were with her just so shocked she was the pop star when I listened to pop music and only 5 years older than me. It puts life in its place.

Sorry, I don't know who she is....

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/02...-black-dies-72

I had never heard of her either. But she was better known in Great Britain.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    If you knew the history of the Beatles from very early on, you knew Cilla Black. Happy she didn't die alone. R.I.P. Cilla!!

I didn't know her either but didn't know the Beatles until they came here to the States on their first tour.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

I remember Cilla Black from the early days of the "British revolution" and thought she had a few hit records and faded from sight. From the extensive internet coverage of her death it was a surprise and a pleasure to learn she had a career that lasted over 50 years, was a major star in Great Britain, decorated by the Queen, seemingly had a good family life, and what impressed me most was in every later photo of her she had the biggest smile and looked like a lady who was having the best time. Condolences to her many fans overseas and RIP Cilla.

Blog Entries
    took me a minute too to remember her. Then i still am pondering who Carl Sandburg was....or is that Sandberg? Anyone his name was mentioned when someone was talking about authors.

Cilla was very much still in the public eye here in the uk, her career of singing and presenting programmes spand 50 years, she was definitely a uk icon, came across as a very lovely genuine lady, who never forgot where she came from. Its only recently she started to 'retire' from show biz which I believe was more to do with her hearing loss rather than her age. Recently there was a tv drama programme made about her early years which if you ever get the chance to see is well worth it, it was called 'Cilla'.