Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Clarence for the Fabulous Animal Project >

Clarence for the Fabulous Animal Project

Clarence for the Fabulous Animal Project

Old 09-06-2011, 06:58 AM

This is my "baby" - a little bigger than most fur babies on the board. I also have 2 black English Labradors. Clarence's picture is being used to raise money for an animal charity project.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/78601993...-animal-rescue (this is NOT my shop listing - it is for an animal charity store). Clarence is just donating his good looks to the cause. He just turned 9 years old which is "fabulous" (pun intended) for a Saint Bernard.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:00 AM

Very handsome fella. Lucky you.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:03 AM

They are gorgeous
Old 09-06-2011, 07:52 AM

He's beautiful!
Old 09-06-2011, 07:59 AM

What a wonderful face. Give Clarence a big hug from me . I love big dogs but just can't have one.

A story about Saint Bernards being gently protective.
A neighbor of mine had 2 and when I went to the hospital to have our son , my 5 yr old daughter went to stay with my neighbor. When my husband showed up to take my daughter home the dogs wouldn't let him near her.It took the 2 owners about 20 minutes to convince the dogs it was ok for him to take her. They just wouldn't move.
(side note: should have paid attention to the dogs.he turned out to be a real jerk. lol dogs know)
Old 09-06-2011, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by damaquilts
What a wonderful face. Give Clarence a big hug from me . I love big dogs but just can't have one.

A story about Saint Bernards being gently protective.
A neighbor of mine had 2 and when I went to the hospital to have our son , my 5 yr old daughter went to stay with my neighbor. When my husband showed up to take my daughter home the dogs wouldn't let him near her.It took the 2 owners about 20 minutes to convince the dogs it was ok for him to take her. They just wouldn't move.
(side note: should have paid attention to the dogs.he turned out to be a real jerk. lol dogs know)
Saints are wonderful, magnificent dogs and they DO protect children!!! The only times I have seen Clarence get upset is when he hears the distress cry of a child (any age) or the distress cry of another animal. At my daughter's high school track meet many years ago, the opposing coach started charging towards one of his runners yelling in a very nasty voice. Next thing I knew, Clarence was pulling me towards that coach to intervene. I re-gained control quickly, but I thought it was quite funny. Wonder what that coach would have done had he been approached by a protective Saint.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:36 AM

LOL I would have loved to see the look on his face.