Cleaning the frig!

Old 05-17-2010, 04:00 PM

I have one of those handheld steam jet things. Its terrific for getting sticky things off the shelves and cleaning the magnetic rubber seal around the door. Then I use hot water and baking soda on the entire inside.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:02 PM

I use hot water ( as hot as from teh faucet) and vinegar. SMells only for a minute and cleans wonderfully. SOnds like all these other methods work too. Just did mine last week and had to turn around and do my mom's while I was visiting her. Guess I am a "professional" now. LOL
Old 05-17-2010, 05:00 PM

hot dish soapy water
Old 05-17-2010, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by fabric-holic
I have one of those handheld steam jet things. Its terrific for getting sticky things off the shelves and cleaning the magnetic rubber seal around the door. Then I use hot water and baking soda on the entire inside.
Do you have DWfloors??? does the steam jet work well on them??? Was thinking about getting one??
Old 05-17-2010, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Marjpf
I use baking soda mixed in warm water. I don't like putting chemicals in there. I also make sure I wash off all the condiment bottles before I put them back in so I don't re-stickify everything. For the microwave, I put in half a lemon in about a cup of water, then run it for 5 minutes, then let sit for 5 minutes without opening the door. It will just wipe clean after that.
I use baking soda also. It is the only thing I have read that was recommended. I am glad to know about the lemon too. My husband swears his food doesn't splatter (without a cover) in the microwave .
Old 05-17-2010, 06:01 PM

I use hot water and dish soap, too. Always have. I don't have smells in my fridge....thanks to zip locks and plastic containers with lids. I'm a big fan of Dawn dish detergent, too.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:22 PM

Hot water and Dish soap for me too!
Old 05-17-2010, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by dsb38327
Originally Posted by Marjpf
I use baking soda mixed in warm water. I don't like putting chemicals in there. I also make sure I wash off all the condiment bottles before I put them back in so I don't re-stickify everything. For the microwave, I put in half a lemon in about a cup of water, then run it for 5 minutes, then let sit for 5 minutes without opening the door. It will just wipe clean after that.
I use baking soda also. It is the only thing I have read that was recommended. I am glad to know about the lemon too. My husband swears his food doesn't splatter (without a cover) in the microwave .
Hey, I have one of those DH tooo :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 05-17-2010, 06:52 PM

I'm a hot water and vinegar girl myself. Vinegar is a natural disinfectant and the smell goes away quickly.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by jbud2
What do you use to clean your frig? I wipe up spills as they happen with the dishcloth but I want to take everything out and wipe it all down. The drawers, baskets and all! And I don't want to use Mr Clean or Pine Sol - lol!! Thanks for your help. JC
My mother always used a spray bottle with water, lemon juice and bleach.... cleans up,, disinfects and smells good,,, hope this helps,, :-D