Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Cloth Paper Doll Fabric

Blog Entries

Cloth Paper Doll Fabric

Has anyone used this fabric? My toss up is should I use it for a pillow case or finish them off individually so the clothes can be used like we used to with paper, paper dolls?

What do you think? Or, have you used it any other fashion?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Who are you making them for and what would they want?? I always consider their opinions.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Blog Entries
    Well, it would be a surprise for my 7 year old DGD. She loves pillowcases that I make her.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.

Blog Entries
    I would think they should be backed with poster board or something hard, so they can put the clothes on them with the tabs.

I bought similar fabric several years ago and I fused the fabric to heavy weight fusible stabilizer then cut them all out. I divided the group into two and mailed a set to 2 little great nieces. They loved them. And because the stabilizer was sort of fuzzy, the clothing stuck to the dolls without any pins or other things.

Quote Originally Posted by alleyoop1 View Post
    I bought similar fabric several years ago and I fused the fabric to heavy weight fusible stabilizer then cut them all out. I divided the group into two and mailed a set to 2 little great nieces. They loved them. And because the stabilizer was sort of fuzzy, the clothing stuck to the dolls without any pins or other things.
    This idea gets my vote!
    Retired teacher, loving it.
    Love quilting also.

I used fusible fleece to back the clothes. I used deco bond for the backs of the dolls so they would be stiff. I made the paperdoll book with pockets so everything is easy to keep together. When this fabric first came out I bought a bolt of each print. I have used about all of it making the dolls and clothes for little girls. I loved paper dolls when I was little.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by alleyoop1 View Post
    I did this as well for my grandchildren. They loved them!
    I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed!

Blog Entries
    Thank you everyone. I am so glad I asked this question. Pretty sure I have fusible fleece and I know I have a stiff stabilizer. I think this project will be great for evening time by the telly. Like many of you, I loved cutting out and playing with my paper dolls when I was a little girl. It seems like my Mom get a constant supply for us.

Linda

Blog Entries
    they are adorable. good to back with a nice interfacing
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Blog Entries
    Just bought fusible fleece yesterday at Walmart for the backs of the clothes. Oh, I am anxious to get started.

Linda

Blog Entries
    I was going to make a paper doll quilt but never got the fabric. Always out of stock. They are so cute!!! the clothing was fused to fusible fleece so it would cling to the dolls if I remember correctly.

I would make then into paper dolls. I bought similiar fabric not long ago to go into my Great Grandmother hope chest. LOL
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BETTY62 View Post
    I would make then into paper dolls. I bought similiar fabric not long ago to go into my Great Grandmother hope chest. LOL

That is a wonderful idea for the future.

Linda