Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Clothes Pin Bags for the Guild >

Clothes Pin Bags for the Guild

Clothes Pin Bags for the Guild

Old 08-15-2018, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by mac View Post
Out of curiosity, what ways do you find to use them around the house?
A few minutes ago I put the remainder of some batting back in the original bag and put a clothes pin on the bag to hold it closed.

Any bag of partially-used frozen vegetables/fruit gets a clothes pin to hold it closed.

If I had a bag of chips (never), rice, etc., I would attach a clothes pin to keep the bag closed.

Sometimes I hang a blouse that won't stay on the hanger. Each shoulder gets a clothes pin to keep it on the hanger.

I'm sure I use them for more than these few, but you get the idea. I'm grabing a clothes pin for something every day.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:02 PM
mac

Originally Posted by JENNR8R View Post
A few minutes ago I put the remainder of some batting back in the original bag and put a clothes pin on the bag to hold it closed.

Any bag of partially-used frozen vegetables/fruit gets a clothes pin to hold it closed.

If I had a bag of chips (never), rice, etc., I would attach a clothes pin to keep the bag closed.

Sometimes I hang a blouse that won't stay on the hanger. Each shoulder gets a clothes pin to keep it on the hanger.

I'm sure I use them for more than these few, but you get the idea. I'm grabing a clothes pin for something every day.
You know I have never thought of keeping bags closed with a clothes pin. My husband always used those plastic clips that we get free once in a while. But using clothes pins is a perfect idea. I am going to have to rethink the uses of clothes pins now. Thanks for the ideas.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:21 PM

Does anyone remember the old poem about how the neighborhood could “read” from what’s on the clothesline ? Like extra sheets told of weekend guests were there, etc. it was cute & entertaining.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:07 PM

My sister gave me something similar but the skirt was a kitchen towel and it was designed to hang on the oven handle. I found a pattern and directions somewhere on the internet and tried to make one. OMG! it took me forever and stitch it up, tear it out. It was one giant frustration. I still have the one my sister gave me and don't use it. I am saving it for good! hehehe!
Old 08-16-2018, 03:37 AM

We had our guild meeting last night and the ladies loved them. I was so happy! With so many of them having such a higher skillset than my own, I am always a little hesitant to show them what I work on. But they loved the ideas and everyone had a different favorite.

Maryellen2u: trust me and RJ. These are super duper easy and if you follow the directions (something I have trouble doing because sometimes stuff doesn't make sense to me), it will turn out.

Trust us!!
Old 08-16-2018, 04:33 AM
Power Poster

I know that some neighborhoods don't allow clothes lines. Every time we've moved I've told the realtor not to take me to any neighborhood that won't allow one.
My sister lives in a condo and they have a list of rules a mile long!
Old 08-16-2018, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by mac View Post
You know I have never thought of keeping bags closed with a clothes pin. My husband always used those plastic clips that we get free once in a while. But using clothes pins is a perfect idea. I am going to have to rethink the uses of clothes pins now. Thanks for the ideas.
I found another place I use clothes pins this morning. I put it on the end of the toothpaste tube as it empties to keep the toothpaste near the opening.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:24 AM

these are so cute i just made a bag this past spring a martha stewart tutorial it's cute but i like this one so much better, im going to make this one and retire the martha stewart bag lol thanks for the link
Old 08-16-2018, 10:05 AM
mac

Originally Posted by tranum View Post
Does anyone remember the old poem about how the neighborhood could “read” from what’s on the clothesline ? Like extra sheets told of weekend guests were there, etc. it was cute & entertaining.
I think this is the poem you are talking about, here is the link:

https://www.clotheslines.com/poems
Old 08-16-2018, 04:09 PM

Cute as can be. For years I used one of my daughters outgrown dresses with the sleeves and hem sewn shut. I can see them being used in multiples to decorate a little girls room. They could hold soft headbands, gloves, hats or nothing at all.