Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Commercials that I enjoy watching - >

Commercials that I enjoy watching -

Commercials that I enjoy watching -

Old 07-01-2011, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Kappy
Originally Posted by donnaree59
the GEICO one of the Marine sergeant who wouldn't make a good therapist (I've a degree in Psychology....).
I had forgotten the GEICO one...let's all go over to Namby Pamby Land...sooo funny!
Sometimes I wonder if a few us would do better with a counseler like that marine. Not those with serious medical diagnosis of problems just those of us who need a swift kick in the behind to get us out of a rut.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:26 PM

I also loved the polar bear Coca Cola commercials, especially the one where the PB cub and the baby penguin make friends.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:34 PM

I love the one, I think it's a Travelocity commercial, it has a family at the beach. The mom says, "our daughter is an architect." "our son is a genius." And then she turns to her husband and says, "You look amazing" and he says, "you're a beach angel." The woman does a hysterical scream laughter. It's stupid, but so funny :)
Old 07-01-2011, 06:50 PM

I love just about all of the Geico commercials but this one hasn't been mentioned yet. Abe Lincoln's wife is asking him if her dress makes her backside look big....hahaha.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:01 PM

Oh I forgot about the Marine therapist! Another family favorite! When my youngest is angry with my eldest she calls her a Jack-wagon; she lives in Namby-Pamby land and gets there via the Loser Line. Someone is making great choices at Geico!
Also, the old Seattle Mariners commercials were fantastic! The ones with Dan, and Junior, and Edgar, and Buhner...LOVED them! I believe they made a video compilation of the commercials, they were so popular here.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:09 PM

I just saw another one that I like - the one where the little boy is playing Twinkle, Twinkle (or is it Chopsticks?) on stage and the pianist comes out and accompanies him, and they both get a big applause!
Old 07-02-2011, 10:35 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by wolfkitty
I just saw another one that I like - the one where the little boy is playing Twinkle, Twinkle (or is it Chopsticks?) on stage and the pianist comes out and accompanies him, and they both get a big applause!
I like that one, too
Old 07-02-2011, 11:15 AM

Thanks for the laughs. I like all of the above and the newish one with the spider phone. I think it is AT&T. ....Nice restaurant, business lunch, and the woman gets up and screams bloody murder (she is good), and a man at the table gets up, takes his shoe and smashes that spider, Only it is the other guys cellphone/Blackberry. She really, really screams. I laugh out loud every time.

edited to add....A great topic!
Old 07-10-2011, 05:51 AM
Power Poster

has someone mentioned the guy with the dog -

the dog can put one of its legs out of sight - and the guy gets to meet a bunch of girls?

(don't remember the sponsor, though)
Old 07-10-2011, 06:31 AM

I like the one where the father is telling the daughter about driving carefully, and the daughter is about 7, then when you see her again, she is about 17.

Also the ones with Captain Kirk telling people that they can do better on the price of a hotel room.