Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Computer help needed to watch the tube quilting video >

Computer help needed to watch the tube quilting video

Computer help needed to watch the tube quilting video

Old 11-09-2009, 05:39 PM

Hey, gang, just wanted to let you know that I went ahead and downloaded FP 7 and am now able to get the videos. I remembered having problems trying to download version 8 of FP I think because of enabling javascript which I don't know how do. Have never found javascript under net options, but did find javasun. Know where I can find javascript under internet options to enable it?

Some of the later versions of FP do make you more susceptible to viruses so wd like to stay away from some of them - only will do upgrade to 8.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:41 PM

I forgot to say thanks again SO VERY MUCH. I was at a loss to know which disabling I did that needed to be enabled. ha. :wink: :wink:
Old 11-09-2009, 06:09 PM

Glad that you got the computer working for ya, these new thingys sure can be frustrating :D Would love to see a tute on the board can't imagine how they are doing the couple of blocks that have been posted. Thank you ahead if someone can post a tute.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by bluebird
Glad that you got the computer working for ya, these new thingys sure can be frustrating :D Would love to see a tute on the board can't imagine how they are doing the couple of blocks that have been posted. Thank you ahead if someone can post a tute.
Thank you, I'm glad too I can now see some videos. I can imagine how it goes w/this technique as I've done some tube work b4 w/trip around the world patterns if you're familiar w/that. I'll walk you thru this as soon as I get time to view it; I'll just pm you to get you going. It's easy and fast they say so probably won't take much coaching. It's amazing no one figured this out b4 now as much sewing as we do. lol. :wink: :!: :wink:
Old 11-09-2009, 07:30 PM

Just an update for you and anyone else who might need the info. I did download FP7 and thought I was in the clear when I checked @ one place to see a video. Because it was functionable, I thought it would be functionable for any video but when I went to the tube quilting video, it was "x" ed out. Finally, I tried bellaboo's suggestion and got lucky downloading the ToggleFlash that melameth came up with. He designed a pretty neat mechanism that works around AFP issues and makes it easier to view the videos. I quickly skimmed over the material but wd like to go back when I get time and read more about his design. "If there's a will, there's a way." PTL! Thanx again, bellaboo! Your help was invaluable as you can see! :wink: :lol: :wink:
Old 11-09-2009, 09:06 PM

[quote=bluebird]Am on dial up and cannot get u-tube or videos, the server drops before the download is done.

I did a little research for you and found a video accelerator program for people on dial-up who can now download their program and view TV or videos thru their program called SpeedBit. It's free and will increase your buffering speed while minimizing glitches. Just close any open running programs you don't need first. You can view one video at a time thru their system. Need only 56K dial-up to use it. Check it out. It might work for you. It's @ videoaccelerator.com. Let me know when you get time if it'll work for you. :lol: :lol: :roll: LOL
Old 11-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Power Poster

Please follow these instructions to enable Java though your Web browser:

Internet Explorer
Click "Tools" --> "Internet Options"
Select the Advanced Tab, and scroll down to "Java (Sun)"
Check the box next to the Java version
Next, select the Security Tab, and select the "Custom Level" button
Scroll down to "Scripting of Java applets"
Make sure the "Enable" radio button is checked.
Click OK to save your preference. :D :D :D :D
Old 11-09-2009, 09:14 PM

[quote=BellaBoo]Please follow these instructions to enable Java though your Web browser:

Internet Explorer
Click "Tools" --> "Internet Options"
Select the Advanced Tab, and scroll down to "Java (Sun)"
Check the box next to the Java version
Next, select the Security Tab, and select the "Custom Level" button
Scroll down to "Scripting of Java applets"
Make sure the "Enable" radio button is checked.
Click OK to save your preference. :D :D :D :D [/quote

Bellaboo, thank you soooooo much! You can't believe how long I've spent trying to search that one out! ha.ha. My son didn't know either even though he can write these programs!

I will take care of that right away! I believe it's already enabled because when I downloaded FP10 tonight it went thru. I am now squared away for this problem. Couldn't have done it w/o your help! Forever grateful, you've saved me so much time and worry. Thank you, once again!!! :wink: :wink: