A concern & a heads-up

Old 10-15-2021, 08:10 AM
Power Poster

Drug addiction is a powerful force that can turn people into thieves. Even family members can't be trusted. Always have your drugs in a secure location.

I clean my own house, even tho I don't do that great at it. Last time I lived at my FIL's house, he had a maid that came in every week to clean. One day she brought her grown niece to help her, and a very expensive and sentimental bottle of perfume my husband had given me while we were engaged "disappeared". Wonder what else she lifted out of the house?
Old 10-15-2021, 09:10 AM

We don't keep any medications in our guest bathroom. DH put marbles in the medicine cabinet that would fall out if it were opened because we never opened it . Only once did the marbles come crashing down and the person was my daughter looking for a new tooth brush. She knew I always kept several for emergencies. She was so embarrassed. We decided not to do this any more. I was some what humiliated about the whole thing. It does make sense if you really want to spy on someone to do something like this.
Old 10-15-2021, 10:51 AM

We have a a couple of things "walk off" before. Small items out of my husband's shop. One was a guy who came by to look at a bandsaw he was selling. Another was a neighbor who came by to visit.

We are always in the house when a service person comes inside. We don't have medicine cabinets in the bathrooms, only thing in the linen clost is towels, a OTC meds, bath items. All important stuff like prescriptions, my purse and firearms are locked away in a room they don't need to be in.
Old 10-15-2021, 10:52 AM

My brother's ex wife's teenage son "snuck" off to use the bathroom...he didn't even turn the lights on....acted sheepish when I saw him...yep...he was searching for drugs.
Old 10-15-2021, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by lberna View Post
Mine are in my underwear drawer. I guess there is always the possibility someone has a pantie fetish. 🤷🏼‍♀️

EEWW......Iberna

Funny story....My sister hung her laundry out back at an apartment building we lived in when I was about 5 yrs old. Mom told her to bring in her laundry before it got dark. When she went out there the next morning all the crotches of her undies were missing. She and Mom had a good laugh.
Old 10-15-2021, 01:44 PM
Power Poster

When we had furniture delivered the delivery guy said I remember this house, I have delivered here before you bought it. You have a big safe in the floor don't you? I said you must have us confused with another house, no safe here. He said oh I guess so. I think he was fishing for info if there was a safe or not. Thieves are clever.
Old 10-15-2021, 03:46 PM

We keep our prescription meds in other parts of the house - that's mostly because it's easier to refill the pill holders when they are in a box to pull out.
But it is true there are a lot of people that will look in a medicine cabinet with no intention of stealing, just being snoopy. I was always taught to mind my own business. With my luck, if I did look into someone's cabinet (without permission) it would collapse like the one in the commercial. One time I was visiting a friend and I needed an aspirin and she told me it was in the medicine cabinet and help myself. I was so uncomfortable doing it - but she thought it was a normal thing.
Old 10-17-2021, 06:27 AM
Power Poster

Just the thought of a worker asking to use my bathroom grosses me out!!!
Old 10-19-2021, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Just the thought of a worker asking to use my bathroom grosses me out!!!
in my line of work I see people with kidney/urinary problems all day from chronic dehydration and/or from "holding it" so they can rush to a gas station between jobs to relieve themselves like all humans need to do. One person told me they work in custom construction at lakeside homes that cost millions to build and yet they aren't even allowed to use pool house restrooms by the property owners. The same owners get upset when workers stop for lunch or leave to find a gas station to pee.

I have a hall bath with pretty much nothing in it but a toilet, a sink, soap and paper towels, and everyone is welcome to use it if needed, pest control, plumber, landscaper, etc