Conculsion that quilters

Old 01-18-2017, 12:34 PM

Bullies, including those who make snarky comments, are attempting to make themselves feel superior. They have no clue that it makes them less in the eyes of others who value kindness and gentility. Thank you all for your kindness and gentility.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:22 PM

My motto is treat others the way you want to be treated. It works for me!!!!
Old 01-18-2017, 03:26 PM

We will keep you and your husband in our prayers.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:09 PM

I belong to a quilt group (I will not be rejoining this year) that at least once or twice a year has to be taken to task about their actions. There are little cliques and little groups that are considered the oldies and sometimes they are just mean spirited and always rude or dismissive of other members. It saddens me because many of these women are getting on in years and there are not many younger quilters who are coming to the meetings because of the way these ladies act.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by janjj View Post
I love this board and have learned much from it. I clicked on the alpaca yarn ad. I have someone who lives about 5 miles from me that raises alpacas. Will buy some yarn from them but I do hairpin lace crochet will I need to learn how to knit? Guess I could learn. ha I learned the hairpin lace about three years ago and am on my 12th afghan. you can do it while watching TV or when riding in a vehicle. I go on bus trips and there are three of us doing this now.
oh, reading this reminded how much I enjoyed doing hairpin lace so many years ago. Don't tempt me to buy another gadget, a book, yarn.......don't even know who would sell the gadget.........
Old 01-18-2017, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
If any members feel that comments are not as nice as we like them to be here, please let us know. We cannot read every post on every thread. You can simply click on the triangle with exclamation point at the bottom of each post. Let us know what you think is not right. It goes out to all of the moderators so it can be handled quickly. It is completely anonymous. We appreciate the extra eyes to help keep this forum a pleasant place to visit. Thanks!
Ahhhh Little triangle is good to know - but, I also have not seen 'snarky' on this board.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:25 PM
Power Poster

Clmay, that is what my Daddy always taught me to be. Kind to all. It's just part of who I am and being nice usually gets nice back.
My son likes living with me, i'm good at fixing things for him. like making the cuffs on a sweater he likes smaller, etc.
Men. He could learn to quilt, couldn't he? Then we would have more to talk about together! I will get on that right now. more quilters. Yea!!
Old 01-19-2017, 06:02 AM

I find difficult to believe that "quilters, artists in our own way, who recognize the beauty and skill required to do what we do could be anything but kind and gracious. We may not agree with other peoples' colour schemes but we very
rarely want to put that in print! There are unhappy people in the internet world who, if they find a doorway into any forum on-line, just dump and try to shock and hurt. It's power to them. Thankfully, we have a very vigilant administrators, who over the years have refined this forum to what it is, a group of like minded artists who are here to share and support and encourage each other. Kudos!
Old 01-19-2017, 10:14 PM

I like belonging to moderated groups because it keeps the snarky folks out. I was in a group years ago and it closed down because some really mean folks got on it and flooded the group with ugly comments. It is so much nicer here. I can't always figure out where to put some of my comments so I also appreciate it when the moderators move it to the right spot.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:23 PM

When I read about things like this, I am often reminded of a line spoken by Jimmy Stewart in the movie "Harvey."

"Years ago, my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant.' Well, for years I was smart . . . I recommend pleasant. You may quote me." And now, sixty years later, I have.

Or to express it in my own way: Starting a few years ago, friends of mine began to pass away. I realized that, one way or another, the rest of my friends and I may have only a few years left. So I decided to enjoy time with them as much as possible.

Tate

Last edited by tate_elliott; 01-22-2017 at 07:26 PM.