contact paper?

Old 09-06-2010, 03:17 PM

When cleaning out my sewing corner; I found a whole roll of clear contact paper. Don't know why I got it . What are some uses for it ? Thanks
Old 09-06-2010, 03:20 PM

check this out!

http://www.earthskids.com/contactpaper.aspx

Maybe a teacher in grade school would love it!
my DD is a teacher, and she laminates all her paper things that go on the walls..
Old 09-06-2010, 03:36 PM

Laminate everything with it!! Use poster board and let kids color placemats. Cover it with contact paper. They last for ages. Do the holidays so you can drag them out every year.

Make stencils for fabric painting. Works great.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:43 PM
Power Poster

One of my favorite things to do with kids is to cut off a 12" or so length and tape it on the table with the sticky side up. Then let them cut out pictures and stick on it to make a picture. Yarn buttons fabric pieces toothpicks felt all make a great picture. Glitter works great on it too. Cut out Christmas cards and Christmas paper and make a collage with the kids.

I used a 10 foot section of it when my youngest was a baby and cut out felt animals and trees etc for a jungle theme and stuck them on the sticky side and I hung this above the crib on the wall. It was a jungle mural I was proud of.

You could use it to catch threads on. the sticky side would certainly hold it and then throw it away when it is done unless you want to view it as a masterpiece of thread work and then frame it!!! LOL tape the length of contact paper above your sewing center and toss your tiny scraps and threads on it and you will a piece of modern art!!
Old 09-06-2010, 03:53 PM

I use to use it to laminate my bobbin lace patterns.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:35 PM

Anything that you want to protect and preserve can be laminated with clear contact paper...book covers, placemats, children's art of all types, patterns that will be used often, name tags, whatever you can think of.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:04 PM

Contact Paper!!!! Oh No!!! 44 years ago when I married my husband he already had his home and it was all furnished in some fancy shmancy stuff. Well, the first week we were married, I went to dust the nightstand next to our bed with spray polish and wondered what the heck was going on. The spray was sticking to the shelf under the drawer. Found out later His Mother had put contact paper on EVERYTHING. Inside all the drawers, on all the shelves on the furniture, etc. YUCK!!!! I know it has its uses, but as a young bride I was fit to be tied because when I tried to remove it, it took all the finish off the wood. I have never gone near it since. LOL Just a little story from the past....but I do know it comes in handy for a lot of stuff!!