Cost of Postage

Old 01-25-2016, 12:12 PM

Default Cost of Postage

Wow! I just printed out a label for a padded flat rate envelope. Up to $6.80. That's a pretty big increase from $5.25.
I like sending "goodies" in our swaps, but this seems a bit much. What do you do? Send first class and go to the post office, pay extra for tracking? Opinions, please. I enjoy our swaps and I can afford it, but...
Old 01-25-2016, 12:17 PM
Power Poster

No matter what I send Priority Mail. Does everything I want including tracking, confirmation and less than 4 days unless a holiday or weekend. when I send to my boys this Christmas they got within 3 days. No problem. It's worth it to me and you can get insured for $50. minimum.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:51 PM

I mailed 4 medium size boxes this Christmas and I was semi-shocked at the cost. They did get there on time this year. Last year they got there after Christmas, days after the promised Priority time. The post office is having a lot of problems.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:54 PM

I trek to the post office. They weigh it & used to give me a thousand options, but now we've got it down to a science. My packages go out first class with tracking. I used to pay extra for the tracking, but now they tell me it's included with first class. Don't really know how I was sending it prior to that, but I'm okay with first class because it takes anywhere from 2-3 days usually, but twice in the last few months the packages did not arrive on time. However, they did arrive, so I'm good with that!
Old 01-25-2016, 04:27 PM

Oh, walking to the post office. Well, it is exercise. But it's next to a good bakery! What's a girl to do?!
Old 01-26-2016, 03:43 AM

The last time I was going to send 4 quilts and a set of 4 coffee cups from Toledo,Oh to where I live now it was through the post office they wanted $40 so I decided to just deliver them myself. Round trip only cost an extra $12 in gas and I had a great time visiting my family.
Old 01-26-2016, 03:53 AM

Both of my sons are getting married in the next year and a half. One was complaining about the high cost of postage. I told him that I didn't want a post card for his RSVP card like his cousin sent. So for Christmas I gave each of them 200 stamps. I got pretty ones that had hearts on them. They both appreciated them.
Old 01-26-2016, 04:01 AM

yes it is expensive to send things in the mail.
Old 01-26-2016, 05:29 AM

Well I sent an envelope to my daughter and it arrived at her PO and then disappeared and now to claim insurance I have to produce the package to prove it was damaged. I think there is something wrong there. I paid close to $14 to mail.
Lynda
Old 01-26-2016, 06:08 AM

Every time I need to ship a package or mail a large envelope, I justify the price in term of driving the package to its destination. And the time it would take me to do so. Nothin is free. Delivery being one of those things. We all like to eat too! (Employees)

sandy