Crafting group

Old 11-09-2010, 10:55 AM

I live in Washington, PA and have joined the ranks of this country's unemployed (over two years now). My DH said that I could stay at home if I wanted and we would adjust. Thank you DH! Anyway, after two years of painting rooms, refinishing furniture and cleaning, cleaning, cleaning...I am ready to "allow" myself to play. However, no neighbors or friends of mine are in to crafting. I was wondering if any of you on this newly discovered, wonderful board knew of any groups in the Washington, PA area that get together, craft and share the substance of what makes up our lives. I crochet, dabble in stained glass, fused glass, jewlery making, scrapbooking and newly found quilting, along with many other interests. Lonesome for fellow "obsessioners"!!!!
Old 11-09-2010, 11:46 AM

This board is a GREAT place to get to know people, see wonderful quilts as well as other things, make friends and yes, we even visit each other!!

However, I do understand that you would like to make friends a little closer to home....to find quilty friends, visit your local quilt shops and ask about groups such as a quilters guild, etc. Usually the LQS will also have classes that will help you to get to know others....lots of churches here in my area (southern Indiana) do hand quilting a couple of days a week and are always willing to teach! :D

Good Luck!
Old 11-09-2010, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
This board is a GREAT place to get to know people, see wonderful quilts as well as other things, make friends and yes, we even visit each other!!

However, I do understand that you would like to make friends a little closer to home....to find quilty friends, visit your local quilt shops and ask about groups such as a quilters guild, etc. Usually the LQS will also have classes that will help you to get to know others....lots of churches here in my area (southern Indiana) do hand quilting a couple of days a week and are always willing to teach! :D

Thanks! I just started a quilt class 3 weeks ago. I have looked into some churches in our area, but it does not appear that any groups are out there. I will keep looking though.

Good Luck!