Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: craigs list posting

I called the Sherrif's office first thing yesterday morning. They sent a Deputy right off!! He told me they were looking for evidence of small scale money laundering! The check for 2500 was Good!!! I turned everything over to the Deputy and reported a scam to Craigslist. The Deputy said he would talk to the bank!! My friend is so scared now she said not to try to sell at all. She had it stored in an old barn just to get it out of the house. I feel really bad and relieved too. Thankyou for all the help and common sence!!!!!
    don't stop!just keep trying and something usable will turn out!!

I waited at my friends house all day but the Deputy didn't come back. I guess they have what they needed from me.
    don't stop!just keep trying and something usable will turn out!!

Why is she frightened?

Just another suggestion, don't take checks or money orders. Best to do all business local and take cash up front only. Money orders used to be a safe bet but no longer - scammers use them more than checks.
    Thought for EVERY Day: You know all those things you've always wanted to do? You should go do them.

And it goes without saying that ANY transaction involving a wire transfer of money is a SCAM. You might as well take your cash and throw it off a bridge.

I just sold my old Brother embroidery machine on Craig's list and it was a pleasant experience. Sold it to the first person who called, for cash, and we met at a neutral location. It's the only time I have ever sold anything on Craig's list but I would do it again.

I've sold a lot of stuff on Craigslist with no problem. But I don't think there's an item I've listed that a scammer hasn't responded to. I just ignore those responses and move on to the legitimate ones.
    Thought for EVERY Day: You know all those things you've always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2