Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Cute things our Grandchildren say. Please add yours. >

Cute things our Grandchildren say. Please add yours.

Cute things our Grandchildren say. Please add yours.

Old 11-05-2010, 06:37 AM

Great stories!

When my husband died, my 6 yr old granddaughter asked where grampa was. I explained as best I could -- told her he was in heaven and not in pain any more. Her eyes got REALLY big and she asked "Does he have wings and FLY?"!!!!! It started us all laughing and it sure took the tension out of the day!
Old 11-05-2010, 06:39 AM

I'll never forget the time my little Lauren said, "gramma, how did you get that thing on your nose?" (I had a small mole sitting on the side.) I told her it just grew there and I was going to get it removed. "Oh no", she said, "don't do that--I want one just like it". When I asked why she would ever want a mole on the side of her nose, she said "because I want to look just like you." I have never forgotten that and love that little girl like crazy.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:49 AM

We had a little white Westie, and he always barked when people came over, one day friends came over with their little girl, maybe 3 , she was sooo cute blond,frilly dress. Anyway dog starts barking, and she says, " you bite me dog and I will kick your ass".
Old 11-05-2010, 07:42 AM

Our granddaughter calls our RV motorhouse a "house car" we asked her why and she replied "well it is house on wheels dont be so silly Grammie" Lilly is only 3 but very smart!! The whole family now calls the RV a house car!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-119368.jpe  
Old 11-05-2010, 08:34 AM

I could write a book on this stuff but a couple that come to mind are:
When our youngest was 2 or 3 we were walking along our country road and the cows were cooling off in a small pond. she looked at them and started jumping up and down and said look mommy the cows are taking a bath.

The other one was in walmart and my then around thre year old GD saw a woman with some very weird looking hair. She very lodly said Look grandma. I told her quietly that she should not talk about how other people looked because that might hurt their feelings. She agreed then, after her mother came up to us and we rounded the corner my GD said look mommy there is that woman with the ugly hair that I cannot talk about. lol Kids are wonderful
Old 11-05-2010, 09:04 AM

Grandma (me) was sleeping in one Saturday mornng when Grandpa was taking our first grandson out for breakfast. After waiting in line for awhile Grandpa said "Come on boy, I know where we can get some pancakes faster." My grandson gasped outloud and said "You mean you're gonna' wake up grandma!?"
Old 11-05-2010, 09:22 AM

OK..here I go. I am on the chunky side weight wise. One evening while sitting for my five yr old GS, he asked for one of those chocolate things in the freezer. I told him it was a weight watcher fudgecycle, better for you to lose weight. He thought for a moment and said "Man grandma , you must have eaten alot of those!" Bless him!!
Old 11-05-2010, 09:28 AM

I was passing a large nersing home when my grands were small (about 3 and 4) my grandson says "whats that" I told him it was a place for old people to be taken care of... His sister looked at him and said "Don't worry we are still new". LOL
Old 11-05-2010, 09:51 AM

I love being a grandma. My little 5 year old grandson was watching his show on the TV in my craft room and I was sewing something that required me to start and stop, start, stop, after about 5 minutes he turned around and said, "Grandma, can ya stop with that crazy sewing machine!" It struck me that it no doubt would be irritating to try to watch somethingon TV, with the whirring starting up, going on about ten seconds and then stopping.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:37 AM

My grandkids crack me up all the time! I have 3 girls and one boy. Our little guy, Shane (4 years old), live with us, along with his mom, for almost two years. They moved into their own place in July. Well, the first time he came over after the move, he said, "Grammy, you should live at our house", I responded with, "What would Poppy do in this house all alone?" and he said that Poppy needed to live at his house too. I finally asked him what we should do with our house (only 5 years old) if we came to live with him and he said with all due seriousness, "I really think you should sell it" My husband cracked up when he heard about that one : )