Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A.A.A.D.D.. KNOW THE SYMPTOMS!

Blog Entries
    A.A.A.D.D.. KNOW THE SYMPTOMS!

Thank goodness there's a name for this disorder.
    Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.

This is how it manifests:

I decide to water my garden. As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide it needs washing.

As I start toward the garage, I notice mail on the porch table that I brought up from the mail box earlier.

I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage can under the table, and notice that the can is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first..

But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the garbage anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my check book off the table, and see that there is only one check left. My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my desk where I find the can of Pepsi I'd been drinking.

I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Pepsi aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over.

The Pepsi is getting warm, and I decide to put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Pepsi, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye--they need water.

I put the Pepsi on the counter and discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning. I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water and suddenly spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I'll be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor.

So, I set the remote back on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.

Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day:
    the car isn't washed the bills aren't paid there is a warm can of Pepsi sitting on the counter the flowers don't have enough water, there is still only 1 check in my check book, I can't find the remote, I can't find my glasses, and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.
    Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all damn day, and I'm really tired.

I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail....

Do me a favor. Forward this message to everyone you know, because I don't remember who the hell I've sent it to.

Don't laugh -- if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!!

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    Yesterday I went to the library to attend the book club meeting. But I went early because I wanted to check out some books. Find the books, check them out, go upstairs...meeting room is dark and doors are locked. I thought someone should be her by now. Go downstairs to check at the desk to see if the meeting was cancelled for some reason, I see the poster for the book group announcing the books and meeting dates...then I realize...the meeting is next week! Oh well, at least I got a couple of good books to read! LOL! As for A.A.A.D.D, that has already started with me! Now I make lists of things to do and lose the lists!

This is too funny and also seems familiar to me (I guess I am starting to have it too) - I just say my brain is overwhelmed with information and some of it falls out...hahah

This sounds so familiar. LOL

Blog Entries
    And there's aways chemo brain for those of us that need it... :wink:

Oh I am so there.

Blog Entries
    I do it all the time, loose things and now I am forgetting things, not good at all

This sounds too familiar! When I started to read this, I remembered I had left water running outside. I went out and turned off the water. On the way back in I saw the skillet I left on the grill to cool. I picked it up and took it in the kitchen and cleaned it out. I went to sit it in the sink to soak, and saw the supper dishes still in the sink. I put them and all the other dirty dishes in the dish washer and saw that it was almost full. So I started the dishwasher. Then I remembered I had been on line and here I am!!! At least this time I got a few things accomplished!! :lol: :lol:

Ok - I do that and I started when I was only 27! I actually went to the doctor because I could never settle down. She gave me pills - I cried becuase I wanted to somehow work myself through it - I never took the pills and just accecpted it as part of me :) My husband now calls it "the crazy". We laugh about it. It is just part of who I am. I am glad I am not the only one!!!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Oh no!!
    This started for me in my 20's, a long time ago. I'm going to get worse and worse??? hahaha :D

Blog Entries
    OH MY nobody said it was contagious.... :lol:

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Mine started years ago and is only getting worse. At 42 I have to make a list or forget it it ain't getting done. I don't know how I ever get a quilt made with all the other stuff I forget to do.

Blog Entries
    A day in my life LMBO only add in sewing/quilting related stops in there!! :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    :lol: :lol: :lol: Too funny -- and WAY too familiar!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Blog Entries
    My DH has this BAD!! I usually have to check behind him and close cupboard doors, turn off lights, turn off TV, let the dog back in, pick up stuff he leaves lying around, you get the picture. Now I'm spending my days in a recliner with my broken leg elevated and having to tell him "Turn off the lights!" and so forth. Boy, does he think I'm a nag!!

I am right there! Actually I got so bad I had to go on medication to function at work,(I was close to loosing my job because of paperwork compliance,although my patients never suffered,administration looks at the paper!)I was releived that it was not dementia starting in early.I know this is ment to be funny and it is you have to laugh at it . My son laughs at me all the time.

LOL!

Been there, done that, and still doing it!!!

Wooh.... isn't that just multitasking with the occasional brain fart thown in..... O.K. thats my story and I'm stickin with it!! Maybe:) LOL

"Wooh.... isn't that just multitasking with the occasional brain fart thown in..... O.K. thats my story and I'm stickin with it!! Maybe"

I'm using this one from now on!!!!!

Blog Entries
    I didn't know there was a name for my problem...

My day has arrived!! It happens all the time at my house.

Happens to me every day.

I carry a pen and notebook just about all the time. Now if I could only remember to go back and read what I wrote!!!

Lyn
    OMG is someone watching me?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast