Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Daughters Wedding

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    154
    So excited. Our daughter is getting married on Saturday. She was hoping for a little snow but it all melted. Oh well it will still be beautiful. We love our future son-in-law.

  2. #2
    Moderator Jim's Gem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Camarillo, California
    Posts
    35,480
    Congratulations!!! Hope everything goes well. My DD#3 got married on the 30th of October. We love our newest Son in Law!!!

  3. #3
    Super Member sweet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    playing with fabric in Louisiana
    Posts
    3,376
    That's wonderful! Congratulations to All!

  4. #4
    Super Member plainjane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,811
    Blog Entries
    62
    It will we a wonderful day!

  5. #5
    Super Member sewwhat85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    6,895
    have a great day

  6. #6
    Super Member cherylynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,747
    I hope that everything goes smoothly on Saturday for you all. My daughter is getting married on June 3rd. We love her fiance, too. That makes it easier to face the fact tht she is a grown woman and ready to start a family of her own.

  7. #7
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,092
    Blog Entries
    1
    Awww I bet you are all very excited :D:D:D

  8. #8
    Super Member suebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    4,080
    Quote Originally Posted by fink9
    So excited. Our daughter is getting married on Saturday. She was hoping for a little snow but it all melted. Oh well it will still be beautiful. We love our future son-in-law.


    Congratulations!!! Our Son just proposed to his Girl on New Years day in Central Park. we Love her too! So...we are both so fortunate. Post some pics of wedding :)

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    154
    I will definitely post pictures Haven't had much time for sewing lately but plan on it after the wedding and things settle down. Spent the last few days making 300 snowflake sugar cookies. They are having a very small wedding cake for pictures. They wanted something they liked. She loves sugar cookies and snowflakes are her theme. We decorated them with white and royal blue icing with silver and blue sprinkles. We are also having 120 chocolate chip cookies and chocolate covered pretzels with white chocolate.

  10. #10
    Super Member Snorky Lvs2Quilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Southern Calif.
    Posts
    2,308
    How wonderful! Congrats mom of the bride. I have two wonderful DDILs. They both included me in all wedding plans and made me feel very special. My sons chose well. Glad your daughter did too.

  11. #11
    Junior Member mrsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Springfield, IL
    Posts
    163
    sounds yummy!No one ever eats wedding cake anyway in my experience. What part of Il are u in? I'm here in the central part, and its not pretty here either just COLD! Have a wonderful wedding and try to sit down once in a while and just enjoy the moment in time.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsk
    sounds yummy!No one ever eats wedding cake anyway in my experience. What part of Il are u in? I'm here in the central part, and its not pretty here either just COLD! Have a wonderful wedding and try to sit down once in a while and just enjoy the moment in time.
    We are in Pontiac. It is about 35 miles north of Bloomington on 55

  13. #13
    Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    17,462
    My first son is getting married in March. We are so excited!
    By the way, he is our youngest lol
    I'm so happy for you! PLEASE post pics!! :)

  14. #14
    Super Member Becca Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,584
    Congratulations! Share pictures when you get a chance!

  15. #15
    Super Member quilter2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,314
    Congrats, hope everything goes well for you all on Saturday.

  16. #16
    Coley Banicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    S bend, IN
    Posts
    1,147
    congrats!! I just got married this past may!!

  17. #17
    Power Poster CarrieAnne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Whitewater, WI
    Posts
    26,044
    Aw, Congrats! I hope it goes really smooth!

  18. #18
    Super Member pab58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    near Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    6,222
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by fink9
    I will definitely post pictures Haven't had much time for sewing lately but plan on it after the wedding and things settle down. Spent the last few days making 300 snowflake sugar cookies. They are having a very small wedding cake for pictures. They wanted something they liked. She loves sugar cookies and snowflakes are her theme. We decorated them with white and royal blue icing with silver and blue sprinkles. We are also having 120 chocolate chip cookies and chocolate covered pretzels with white chocolate.
    Well, she WILL have snow after all! Those snowflake sugar cookies will be beautiful! Please be sure to post a pic of them. :wink: Blessings to you and your family.

  19. #19
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    13,232
    Congratulations! Have a great day!

  20. #20
    Power Poster Moonglow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    14,281
    Best wishes to all. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    915
    My daughter got married in August 2009. It was the best day! Try to enjoy every moment, because it goes so fast. The memories will stay with you forever!
    Congratulations and Have an amazing weekend!!

  22. #22
    Power Poster Lacelady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    12,323
    Blog Entries
    19
    Missing snow? I'll push some of ours your way - we are due about 6 in again over the next couple of days. congrats to the happy couple.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.