Defleaing

Old 07-03-2013, 05:45 PM

I wouldn't bother with salt and soda--flea bombs are great---I bought 2 more than recommended for my space---put my 2 dogs in the car and went out for a nice LONG ride, the cats went into a large borrowed carrier in the neighbors garage with a fan with food water and litter.(I live in a double wide, on cinder blocks, with skirting---also place 2 bombs under the home)--all taken care of
Old 07-04-2013, 06:25 PM

If you have your pet on a good spot treatment from the vet the fleas will soon disappear from the house, yard and immediately from the pet. That stuff works. These are combination preventives for heartworms as well, and in many parts of the country your dog and sometimes cats will get heartworms without it. If the fleas are very troublesome in the house, treating them with a bomb once and immediately starting the pet on spot treatment should do the trick. Any flea that hatches later and bites the pet will die.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
Save yourself all this work and just get flea medicine from your Vet. When you put it on your pet it will kill all the fleas on the pet and all in your house. Fleas jump on to feed off the pet's blood and jump back off. All fleas will be gone in a few days. I was so glad years ago when it was available and I have never looked back. No matter what you use you will never get rid of them.
What medicine was this I need to check it out at the vet?
Old 07-14-2013, 08:37 AM

I have the bagless vacuum cleaner. The kind u put a filter in. I had my daughter put a flea collar in it but she thinks there are some still alive. Would it be OK to put some boric acid in it. She wants to get me another filter but wants yo use it again. She has treated her house and knows she has do it again.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:00 AM

Frontline Plus and Heartgard is the only thing we use, and we have never in 11 years had a flea problem. Small price (and it is pricey!) to pay to keep our loved ones healthy and happy. It is important to read the ingredients on treatments, as there are some that are very dangerous to the dogs. And never miss a dose or opportunity to clean the bedding regularly, routine bathing, and scrubbing down the areas they spend the most time in.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:04 AM
Power Poster

did you read about the business someone used 12 bug bombs in? the business was then lost to fire! those things are dangerous. not to mention getting all over everything, floor, etc. Be careful and good luck.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:10 AM

I just heard about being cautious because of the fire. It had to do with any electric that was hot, stoves, etc. Scarey.
I did read everyone's posts. All good to know.
My vet had us sprinkle regular salt all over and leave it 48 hours then vacuum and repeat if needed. It worked. Seems the fleas eat it and it dries them up.
But we have the house sprayed yearly now and he does outside in the dog yard as well. Always good to spray around the house....Hope they go away soon. Pesky little critters
Old 07-14-2013, 12:44 PM
Power Poster

Salt!! great to know. one day I dream of moving back to Texas and worry about fleas. we don't have them here.