If your DH did all that he would be called "Wife". LOL
Too Funny!!
Old 08-03-2011, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
If your DH did all that he would be called "Wife". LOL
Too Funny!! But accurate!
Old 08-03-2011, 02:57 PM

He is so wonderful; he helps me sew.
He is so wonderful; he never complains about my stash.
He is so wonderful; he never complains about how much I spend on fabric or how much of the house it has over taken.
He is so wonderful; he never complains about my messes.
He is so wonderful; he cleans the house
He is so wonderful; he even does the cooking freeing up all my time to sew, sew, sew.
He is so wonderful; he pics up my meds.
He is so wonderful; he does the laundry
He is so wonderful; and he is MINE :) :) :)

won't trade him for a million $$$$$$$$
Old 08-03-2011, 03:48 PM

Oh......sorry, gals. I've got him right here. And we'll celebrate 46 years this winter.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:12 PM

Sounds very much like my DH. He does it all including car repairs and sewing machine repairs. Cleans up after the dogs and cats. Cooks and cleans up. I AM SO BLESSED TO HAVE FOUND HIM 21 YEARS AGO!
Old 08-03-2011, 04:16 PM

Mine is pretty good with doing cleaning, and laundry. He faithfully follows me around in a quilt show or store. He will even go buy those women's products for me at the pharmacy and even knows the box and size lol
Not so hot cooking in the kitchen but he makes up for it on the BBQ.
He is willing to follow me around in a shopping mall when they've got clearance sales on and comments about what looks good with what. So I think I'll keep him around lol
Old 08-03-2011, 05:40 PM

Im in the middle of redoing a bedrm for a sewing rm. Me, me alone!! Scraped down a popcorn ceiling (who in the world uses this! I'll tell you - a contractor who can't hang a ceiling!!! Down the center of the rm 2 pcs of drywall on the ceiling are over 1/4 inch off at the butt. I killed myself trying to hide that: sand -mud-tape-sand-mud-tape! )
Hubs knows my dad and 3 brothers did building work, so he knows I can do this. Pulled down an 8" scalloped paper trim at the ceiling, applied to raw drywall, that took 4 days!! I HATE ANYTHING WALLPAPER!
Painted the walls (took 3 passes) and am now on the wood trim - originally painted hot raspberry pink(who does this!?). (also needing 3 passes cus Im painting it white. (It works with the walls, paint was called hyacinth blue - a pale violet / denim bluey color)
anyway..............
hubs up and went to spend time on the boat for a week cus he "hates to be around all the messiness". This from a man who built a 2 car garage and expects me to park in the drive cus hes strewn stuff thru the whole thing. Well, I took a shovel and pinch bar and pushed all the stuff to one side - he can park in the drive forever, but I park in the garage.
I called him this evening and said here was the mini rule: he has to call me the day before he comes home so I have a day to clean up the whole house. He said, "oh, hon, dont hurt yourself, its ok the way it is". I told him if he didnt do this and pulled in the drive I'd lock him out of the house til it was cleaned up, since it seems thats the reason he went to the boat in the first place.
(heres a pic I took after a ceiling scrape session - all the whitish stuff all over is popcorn paint dust!)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-236053.jpe  
Old 08-03-2011, 05:43 PM

had to add: I held the camera over my head to not get a flashback in the mirror - hubs laughed so, he said I looked like someone homeland security was chasing - the shower cap was a must! sharet
Old 08-03-2011, 09:16 PM

My dear one does all of this and more. I am KEEPING him. After 59+years, I would hate to break in a new one. He even drives me to my guild meetings and picks me up later. He is my everything. Thanks be to God. Do I love him and appreciate him, you bet your sweet bippy I do!!
:)
Old 08-03-2011, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by mhansen6
My husband is some of those things.

He never complains on how much I spend. He better not. He spends 10 times as much as I do on his train habit.

He cleans the house - Well sort of, he found me a lady who does the scrubbing once a week.

He cooks - He will run and get a pizza.

He never complains on how much time I spend quilting - WRONG! During the summer that is all he does. "How can you spend so much time in your sewing room when it is so nice outside?" I have a very stressful job and he doesn't understand that it relaxes me.

He does the yard work - Well he mows the lawn, the rest is up to me.

He does take me to every quilt shop we pass when we are traveling somewhere. He will buy me what ever I need for supplies. I just wish he would allow me to spend more time in the sewing room.
Holy cow! For a minute I thought we had the same husband but when I got to the last part I realized "not"!!! He does not collect trains but collects guns, ammo, guns, more ammo, fishing poles, rods, lures, more poles, more rods, more lures. This man will tie whatever they tie to fishing line but you should see the look I got when I asked him to tie a quilt, once.