Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Did Anyone Watch The Beatles? >

Did Anyone Watch The Beatles?

Did Anyone Watch The Beatles?

Old 02-13-2014, 05:48 AM

I watched. I'm still a big Beatles fan.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:17 AM

It was the best, lots of memories but singing all the songs with them and knowing all the words! Wish I would have thought to record it.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:25 AM
Suz

Yes and we also taped same. Unfortunately, it has aired in the midst of the Olympics which I am also enjoying.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:04 PM

Kathryn, I had amassed a collection of ALL 360 Beatles Cards!!! (they were like baseball cards) I came home one day to find my mom had thrown them all in the garbage and they were GONE!!! One of the few moments in time I was ever really ANGRY with her. I'm 61 now and STILL tell her how much they meant to me (and at today's prices, I could probably have bought a new 4x4!! She just didn't 'get it'....
Originally Posted by Kathryn Garcia View Post
Does anyone remember the bubble gum that came with picture cards of the Beatles? I had a shoebox full!!!
(Not that I like the gum, it was awful!) Sorry to say fifty years later I do not have the cards!
Old 02-13-2014, 04:18 PM

I was in my early thirties when they appeared on the Ed Sullivan show. I was never a fan of the Beatles, however, I did watch the entire show and was very surprised how much I enjoyed it
Old 02-13-2014, 04:30 PM

I was and still a beatle fan yes I collected all the bubble gum cards and me and my friends would trade what we had doubles of for the ones we didn't have I also had a bulging scrap book of pictures and news paper articles plus albums and 45's and even a sweat shirt posters omg I had a lot, and till this day I still can't pin point exactly what happen to it all. I tried to watch the show last night but fell asleep
Old 02-14-2014, 03:59 PM

Great show. Good seeing Paul and Ringo sing together!
Old 02-14-2014, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by tesspug View Post
DH saw them in Los Angeles in 1966. He laminated his ticket stub and keeps it in his wallet. This was a great show, I loved every minute of it. Cirque de Soil has a show based on Beatles music in Las Vegas. I'm going to get tickets for his birthday.
I saw them in St Louis in 1966 at Busch Stadium. I saw a list of the songs they played at that show. They played 11 songs. 11 songs and that's all??? I don't remember details of it, just seeing them at 2nd base and hearing them play.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:51 PM

We watched the show and just loved it. I got to see them in '65 in Seattle - I gave my ticket and program to a friend in Germany. My friend has put it in a Beatle museum in Hamburg, they have so few American items in the museum they thought it was great. (Better than rotting in my garage.)

The idea if John and George were alive would they go along, I do believe George would have, he was willing to get together before, but John was the big hold out, so don't know if he would have or not. I was sorry Julian was not there, but then he was busy raising money for clean water in Africa.

Their music is classic. Loved it then and still love it today.