Disappearing Topics

Old 09-01-2011, 02:38 PM

Is it just my list, or has anyone else noticed that the topic they were just in from the Unread Topics list has disappeared when they go back to the list? Until just a day ago, when I read a topic and went back to the Unread list to select another, the one I was on would have changed color. Now, it's just not there (annoying because what if I wanted to make note of the title or something?) and I also have a hard time figuring out how far down the list I'd gone. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:41 PM

Once you read it in unread topics it will go away it should be in your topic log list. but if you close out it will be gone unless you commented on it.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:42 PM

Once you've read the topic, it's no longer an "Unread topic." It will return to that list once someone has added a reply that you've not read. If you want to reread that specific topic, go to the home page and then click on the category that the topic is in.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Up North
Once you read it in unread topics it will go away it should be in your recent topics list. but if you close out it will be gone unless you commented on it.
I expect the topics to go away once I am done with the list, but they're disappearing even before I close the list or "mark all as read" or, heaven forbid, sign off the board to sew or something. They used to stay , just not the blue color, so I could see where I was. I guess they made a change and didn't publish it. I will have to leaf thru recent topics then. Just seemed odd they would change when worked just fine. Oh, well.

ETA...I appreciate the advice. It wasn't a big problem, just a little odd that is was working differently than what I was used to.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by meemersmom
Is it just my list, or has anyone else noticed that the topic they were just in from the Unread Topics list has disappeared when they go back to the list? Until just a day ago, when I read a topic and went back to the Unread list to select another, the one I was on would have changed color. Now, it's just not there (annoying because what if I wanted to make note of the title or something?) and I also have a hard time figuring out how far down the list I'd gone. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.
That was happening to me a few months ago, and then suddenly it was fixed. It may have something to do with your setting for cookies in your computer security.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:12 PM

I just had this happen to me. Then I checked in the Recent Topics and there is was. DaTa :roll:
Old 09-01-2011, 04:07 PM

This is how it happens to me. If I read the topic and then use the back button, the read topic chanages color. If I just back up and click on "Unread Topics", that topic disappears.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:15 PM

If you open it and then use the "back' button, it will change color. If you refresh the view, either by clicking refresh, F5 or reclicking on Unread topics it will show on your topic log for a while.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:15 AM

Here's a suggestion. Almost every browser lets you open multiple tabs at the same time. Open up the unread topics in the first tab. Instead of left-clicking each topic, reading it, and then having to hit the back button, right-click each topic. A pop-up menu will appear with "Open in new tab" being one of the options. Select that option. You can open several topics at once. Then click on each tab to read the topics and when finished, close that topic (look for the "x" on the right corner of the tab (on most browsers)). That way you're never changing the "Unread Topics" list and it will be the same as when you first look at it.