Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do some commercials just make you shake your head? >

Do some commercials just make you shake your head?

Do some commercials just make you shake your head?

Old 11-03-2011, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by crafty pat View Post
I hate the one AT&T runs where the woman tells her Husband she should have don what her Mother said and married another man.Don't we have enough hurtful and bad things going on in our world without seeing it on a commercial.
I agree. That is one of the ugliest commercials I've seen. HATE it. Do not see how they really think this will promote their products at all.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:49 AM

THANKS for this thread! I've been complaining about commercials for 2 years. DH almost had me convinced that I was developing a mental disorder of some sort. Glad to know that I'm not alone.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:05 AM

As we talked about this some time ago and wondered if it would do us any good. From the day after this was posted I have not seen the two AT&T with the awful woman or the couple saying which child the loved the most. Hav any of you noticed it in your area? Maybe we did some good after all.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by crafty pat View Post
I hate the one AT&T runs where the woman tells her Husband she should have don what her Mother said and married another man.Don't we have enough hurtful and bad things going on in our world without seeing it on a commercial.
That is the worst one of all. I tell my DH that doesn't make me want to buy one of those phones. That line was unneccessary to whole commercial. Having her question where the $$ is coming from is ok, but her other line was way off base. And He was saving money. But her line took that out as the emphasis. Badly done. Horrible.

Last edited by BarbaraSue; 11-03-2011 at 09:28 AM. Reason: error in one line
Old 11-03-2011, 09:53 AM

Another one I can't stand is a toilet paper commercial that I can't remember the brand. They ask in a very wholesome way, "What do you REALLY want from your toilet paper?" If they don't know what I want from my toilet paper, they have no right manufacturing the product.

I also can't stand commercials for anything called a "cracker-chip." There's no such thing as a cracker-chip.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:53 AM

I know I am getting old, because I am absolutely appalled at some of the commercials. Too many commercials about sexual problems. The one that I really object to is for a sex toy from Trojans. Sick of looking at women in underwear, commercials for Tampax, jock itch, erectile dysfunction, on and on. Geeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 11-03-2011, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by dreamboat View Post
They are all so stupid that I keep switching the channels all the time.
MY DH does the same...I don't know if he's bored or just hates commercials. It drives me nuts when he does that, so I leave and find something else to do!
Old 11-03-2011, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanniejo:
I hate the one with all the kids in the car making strange noises one at a time until they all sound dorky, including their actor parents. No idea what the commercial is for, just think it's a waste of their money and my time.

Originally Posted by karate lady View Post
my son says it is a take off of a song with all the instruments. (I don't get it either smile)
More than you ever wanted to know, and didn't really ask for...
They're doing Ozzy Osbourne's "Crazy Train" !!! Great guitar rifts by Randy Rhoads. (But of course, everything Randy Rhoads did was great.) First release together after Ozzy went solo and Randy left Quiet Riot.