do you do other crafts?

Old 09-15-2011, 07:34 AM

I do other crafting besides quilting...all kinds of crafts including woodworking, card making, needlepoint, embroidery, etc. Just no knitting or crochet. I also do gardening and such...owned my own Landscape business. Jack of all trades, master of none type. LOL
Old 09-15-2011, 07:35 AM
Power Poster

lots of other crafts...i used to every year set out to learn to do something new (before quilting consumed me and i started just learning new techniques each year)
i knit, crochet, hook wool rugs, locker hook, craft sew- make baskets (woven, fabric, grass,) wrapped clothesline bowls, rugs, baskets
weave, dye fabrics, wool felting,
beadwork, embroidery, needle point, cross stitch.
i'm sure there are others- i'm old-
but those are the ones that i keep doing-along with my quilting ;)
Old 09-15-2011, 08:40 AM

I was fortunate that I had a needlearts class in High School... MANY MANY MOONS ago.

So, I crossstitch, macrame, needlepoint, Japanese Bunka, crewel and embroidery. I learned to knit and crochet... so I can do basics, but those weren't the ones that captured my imagination.

I have since learned beading,candlewicking. And my MIL taught me things like making braided rag rugs and chair caning before she passed.

Now - I just need TIME.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:10 AM

I scrapbook also
Old 09-16-2011, 03:17 AM

I've tried to learn to knit but it didn't go too well. I scrapbook and make cards.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:16 AM

I used to do bronze sculpture and photography. Now I do acrylic painting.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:18 AM

Gardening and cross stitch. Inclding quilting, cross stitch is my true passion. Also reading, but there's so little time. Work and cleaning/cooking seem to interfere.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:43 AM

I'm a photographer, tho with my hip and shoulder problems, haven't been out much lately. I can knit, but haven't in years. I am a lefty, so no one wanted to teach me ANYTHING, lol, so I pretty much have taught myself how to do everything. I still crochet, both yarn and thread, and have done a lot of work in genealogy. I've actually put together several cemetery books and made them available for the libraries. One was put online by an annoying person who didn't see fit to give me credit. I don't mind it being online, but I would at least have appreciate being mentioned for my hard work.

I do some Indian crafts when the mood strikes me. We were talking about shipping quilts....I very carefully packaged up a large mandella I made for another friend who is also of A.I. heritage, and marked all over it FRAGILE, and instructions to NOT PLACE ANYTHING ON THIS PACKAGE. Of course, they broke it. GRRRRR. I had her ship the broken parts back, because it had feathers, stones, etc...and made her another one and drove it up six months later. My favorite thing I have kept is a Peyote ceremony fan. My garage looks like the world's strangest craft store, lol.

It contains yarns, threads, cow horns, feathers, beads, wood items, bones, a skull or two, ribbons...a real variety. And now I am learning to sew and quilt.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:58 AM

I'm into stamping greeting cards and making jewelry. I have made cards for several years and enjoy it almost as much as quilting.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:07 AM

I quilt, sew, crochet, knit a little, embrodery, cross stitch, latch hook stuff and a non craft hobby is ham radio contacting others hams all over the world via radio