Do You Ever Get Fed Up

Old 06-18-2010, 05:34 PM

I personally love the chat room and the people who visit it. If I go in and it is all black, I stay black too. I am one who can only see the red well but I do what I can and if I can't, I simply leave. Just read slower in black. I wish we could have larger letters but we can't accomodate for that one person. I understand. I am going in there in a few minutes and will get my glasses ready. LOL. I have been in the chat room off and on for the last 4 months and have never seen or been involved in the aforementioned incidents , so it must have been one of those "moments". Let's not make one incident dictate for the majority of the board. Thank you admin for the colors. Until I see everyone in color again, I am staying black and just reading less nad maybe missing a few but my friends on there know me and they say my name first, I see it, and then read it. Thanks everyone. Now, back to the chatroom.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:39 PM

ReRe,let's shut this down. okay? NO more venting and keeping it going. Thank you for clarifying with admin about the colors, and let's hope this post does not turn into something off track. Thank you for clarifying and see you in the chat room. Can I do this? LOL... We have better and nicer things to talk about now. Can you believe the fourth of July is around the corner?
Old 06-18-2010, 05:41 PM

I DID NOT know you could even change the color! I just use whatever shows up when I get there. I don't know how you change it either.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by CraftsByRobin
I think the point ReRe's trying to get across here was these facts:

1) Not everyone can see the colors that folks are choosing.
2) Someone spoke up and asked another chatter to change their color as they couldn't ready what was written in the chat room.
3) The one who had an "unreadable" color got nasty (and/or the original requestor got nasty)

So to sum up what I'm getting out of the original post is
1) Treat others as we wish to be treated
2) Think about the color scheme in the chat room and how it might affect others ability to participate
3) This is not a "fighting war zone" and if you have someone being unruly or nasty, let the admin know.

ReRe ... correct me if wrong ...
i'd say that sums it up perfectly. :-)

somebody else described it as a "can't please everybody" subject. also true.

so far, i sense a slight difference of opinions here but nothing i'd consider over the top. i don't see a compelling need right now to lock the topic. i understand why some folks have asked that we do that so i'll peek in from time to time to see how it's going.

polite conversations in which differing perspectives are presented don't always have to end in a catfight. sometimes they can do a lot of good. if we help ReRe keep this topic on course it might clear up some confusion, provide useful food for thought, and lead back to harmony.

who's got a guitar? i feel a verse of Kumbaya comin' on. :lol:
Old 06-19-2010, 12:40 PM

Always did like that song. Really.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:11 PM

I didn't even know you could change the color. I just go with whatever color shows up when I pop in. So how do you change the color anyway?
Old 06-19-2010, 08:48 PM

Yeah Patrice. I agree. I shy away from confrontations but so far, it is good. Rere is good. LOL. She calls me if I don't behave. I was just in the chat room and only a few there but it was a good chat session. Thank you admin for being there for us. You rock!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 10:04 PM

Debbie, I shy away from confrontations too, or try to joke my way out of them. It is easy to be misunderstood in the chat room, and we need to be carfeul of how and what we write - it is there in cyberspace forever - somewhere.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:09 PM

obla dee, ob la da...
Old 06-20-2010, 06:03 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rainy Day
Debbie, I shy away from confrontations too, or try to joke my way out of them. It is easy to be misunderstood in the chat room, and we need to be carfeul of how and what we write - it is there in cyberspace forever - somewhere.
Or anywhere - on the board - in a PM -