Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you have certain cups/mugs that you like? >

Do you have certain cups/mugs that you like?

Do you have certain cups/mugs that you like?

Old 10-09-2011, 08:56 PM

A mug covered with purple hearts. I received this mug from one of my sweet little patients.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:36 AM

A LOVELY BLUE ELVIS CERAMIC MUG
Old 10-10-2011, 08:39 AM

I do, it is a hand thrown, green glazed cup with a cutout of a bear paw carved into the front of the mug. That or my mug from the Cowboy Dinner Tree.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:35 AM

any Maxine mug...and last year I started doing 'holiday' themed mugs. I take out the holiday mugs when I decorate for 'that' holiday and I wnat to make some mug rugs to go with them. I plan (operative word here....lol) on making some mugs rugs to go with Christmas mugs I've gotten at garage sales for the kids. (all grown and out of the house...thank you Lord!) They laugh at me 'cause I do garage sales...so this year I want to see them ROFL when they see what I've bought this summer when I went 'Christmas shopping'-(they know this means garage sales). And BTW, I don't know if anyone would be interested but we play a game with our family at Christmas that uses a toy called the Candy Machine. It is a replica of the claw machine that Baker's Square used to have as you'd go through the door where (for some change) children would use levers to operate the claw to get a stuffed animal prize. You are suppose to put wrapped penny candy in it and let the kids try to get the claw to grab a piece that plays to a well known carny tune. Well, since my children are grown, I took those small decoration box packages that you would use to decorate with (you can buy them at Michaels and probaby at Wal-Mart) they come in a few different sizes, and I tape or glue written numbers on the boxes and put them in the machine. I buy gifts that anyone could use that average between $5 and $15-20, I've also put money in envelopes varying from $1 to $10. I wrap the gifts and put letters on them that are equal in number to the package boxes in the candy machine. The kids each have a turn to try and get a box in the machine. I use numbers on the decorative package boses and letters on the actual gifts. This is because when the gifts were numbered also, the smart alec kids would go for the envelopes thinkgin there would be money in them. True, some did have money, but hey, I'm a Mom and as we all know....mom's have a sense of humor...I would write coupons like - 'massage Mom's legs every Friday night for a month' or 'spend a whole afternoon with Mom shopping anywhere she wants to go'....THOSE (sorry, hit enter too soon) but those were the funny ones...you should have seen the look on their faces when they got THOSE ones....h i l a r i o u s!!!
Old 10-10-2011, 11:02 AM

China for tea and my Vancouver BC Canada Starbucks for my coffee!
Old 10-10-2011, 12:44 PM

yeah, my all-time fav is my Halloween mug, bought on sale ($1) at a Duane Reade pharmacy years ago...husband hates it 51 weeks a year. I don't care!!
Old 10-10-2011, 12:44 PM

I,too, prefer a clean one, but one with an owl, imported from Mexico.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:20 PM

My favorite is this one. I love cheery!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-269119.jpe  
Old 10-10-2011, 02:05 PM

I have the mug that my dad drank his tea out of every morning. For me it's a way to reflect with my memories with him every morning.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:36 AM

You know, I was just looking at my shelf of mugs last night, thinking...REALLY?? I need ALL of them?? LOL!!!

I have too many...some have sentimental value, some make me laugh, but really I tend towards two or three for daily use....

Guess it's time to purge...