Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do You Have a MUST SEE movie? >

Do You Have a MUST SEE movie?

Do You Have a MUST SEE movie?

Old 12-28-2011, 04:16 PM

Water for Elephants was a great book! Got the movie for Chistmas and, though good, they have to change some of the things to fit into a time space. If you are interested read the book first,.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:02 PM

Loved book and movie of Water for Elephants. Liked the first Sherlock but not the second one. Romantic movie favorite "The Way We Were". Another favorite is "Legends of the Fall". Someone mentioned "The Shawshank Redemption" - liked that, too. There are so many good movies ... and so many bad ones, Oh, and "Doctor Zhivago" - wow! Just fun was "Butch Cassidy and the Sun Dance Kid". My sister and I were talking about that last week and I want to rent it to watch again. I could go on and on.

Last edited by sparkys_mom; 12-28-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:31 PM

The Help movie was okay, the book so much better. I'm anxious to see the Stephanie Plum movie too.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:34 PM

I enjoyed the Stephanie Plum books, but haven't seen the movie yet. I saw and read "The Help." and would see and read it again. I loaned the book out. I read and saw "The House of Sand and Fog, and enjoyed it, even though it was sad. Not everyone would like it. My husband wasn't interested. We went to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie, and I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Enjoyed Robert Downey, Jr. though!

Kathy
Old 12-29-2011, 01:00 AM

I loved the movie A walk in the clouds, I have watched it a number of times and can recomend it to anyone, I read the book the help and would love to see the movie, also I bought a Zoo is next on my list of must see,
Old 12-29-2011, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by BMP View Post
I just had The Help DVD last week to watch, it was better than OK but not Great !!! I wouldnt watch it again.
I Liked the book better than the movie.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:23 PM

I can't wait to see "Hugo". I'm a puppeteer and stuff like that inspires me. My favorite movie so far has been "Laborinth staring David Bowe ( the puppetry was very inventive). I've watched it 10 or more times over the last 15 years. I'm glad I now have it on DVD after awhile vcr tapes ware out
Old 02-06-2012, 10:55 AM

"The Gods Must Be Crazy"
Old 02-06-2012, 03:16 PM

I would like to see: The Descendantsthe American version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo(i've seen the Swedish trilogy.) and Hugo.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Power Poster

I enjoyed House of Sand and Fog myself! just watched Avanti with Jack Lemmon and Juliet Mills and Irma La Douce with Shirley McLaine and Jack Lemmon. those are fun.
a friend Loved the book Water for Elephants but I didn't. wont' watch the movie.