Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
do you have a pair of shoes you have kept for years that >

do you have a pair of shoes you have kept for years that

do you have a pair of shoes you have kept for years that

Old 10-25-2011, 05:38 AM

I have a pair I purchased in Beijing, China sometime in the late '90's. I needed them to play the organ in one of the largest churches in Beijing. I can't wear them now because of bad knees. But I will never get rid of them because of the memories of that day.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:49 AM
Banned

nope...when I lost 80+ pounds..I LOST my fave shoes too...all where too big...and I had a brand new pair of Kenneth Cole black high heel pumps that I just LOVED and only wore once!..sigh same with a new pair of Jessica Simpson heels in gray...they were the kinda of gray that went with everything...only worn 3 times and GONE...
Old 10-25-2011, 06:55 AM

Yep I do my old Penny loafers I still wear !!
Old 10-25-2011, 07:50 AM

No, I throw/give away anything that has not been used in the last year except for fabric, quilt patterns, thread....
Old 10-25-2011, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by NikkiLu
I have a pair of silver stretch GO GO BOOTS - ankle high - from the 60's that I will NEVER get rid of.

I wish I still had mine!!! :-)
Old 10-25-2011, 08:18 AM

I have always been a shoe lover ! when I was little I was "pigeon toed" and had to wear white high tops on the wrong feet for years...should of had operation to correct it but didn't.......once I got grown and was working I bought all my favorite shoes...all colors, all styles, didn't matter if they were comfortable or not !

Now that I'm older and much wiser, I only buy comfortable sensible shoes, however, I hope to never be without a pair of RED shoes ! Yep, like someone said, that is a perp for being old.

When my children were little I made sure they always had a pair of red shoes; NOW none of them would be caught dead wearing red shoes ! Isn't that funny ?

A few years back I was down sizing and had to get rid of shoes; I think I had 80 pair....mostly were old shoes...had mustard yellow heels; turquoise heels and all in between.....now I have a basic pair of black, navy and red low heels......still love shoes just don't need nor can wear today's styles.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Hosta
you no longer can fit into but you love them so much you can't bare to part with them. I have a pair of navy blue wedges with a braided skinny rope top. Almost like a basket weave top they are hard to describe but I have never seen a pair since like them and they were so comfortable you could wear them casual or dressy I got them around 1980 and they hardy show any wear. I just wish they fit but I won't get rid of them no matter what.
:lol: :lol: Now that's what I call hangin' on. I do the same, but mostly with dresses (like the dresses I wore to my children's weddings -- I mean, I'm about 4 sizes larger now and don't plan on being that skinny again). A fuchia quilted satin lounge jacket given to my godmother in 1947. It's still beautiful. I don't think she ever wore it. You're not alone, Honey. Just keep on holdin' on. :lol:
Old 10-25-2011, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by bjeriann
I did till my DGD found and fell in love with them. She's 14yrs. She said they were the coolest shoes she ever saw/ I got them in 1982. So how could I say no.
I, too, have two DGD's that "vintage" shop in my closets. On their last trip the left with a half dozen of my hubby's flannel shirts, some of my old "Chicago" tee shirts and a pair of knee-high Army-style boots from the 70's.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:08 AM

I do have shoes that are wearing out and tried to find the same low heeled dress shoe I've always worn - but no luck. Some of us can't wear the new heels.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:19 AM

I saved my black suede knee high boots with a stacked heel in my closet. Then my daughter discovered them. I made her promise to never wear them in the rain, and then I let her have them. She also had to listen to the story of how I ran to Macy's on my lunch hour (12 blocks from my then job) and got them on sale for $19.99 - a steal even in those days. She was also impressed that the stacked heel was really stacked - not some phony looking stack.