Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you have shoulder pain?  Let's Chit Chat! >

Do you have shoulder pain? Let's Chit Chat!

Do you have shoulder pain? Let's Chit Chat!

Old 07-04-2010, 03:28 AM
Google Goddess

Do you have shoulder pain?

In January of this year, I was putting the shovel in the back of truck and pulled the tail gate down and ever since the left hand tingles and now going into my shoulder.

We don't have Health Insurnance now as hubby has been unemployed since July 2009 over 1 year now.

Any suggestions?
Old 07-04-2010, 03:38 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Craftybear, sounds like you may have pinched a nerve in your spine. That can cause the symptoms you describe. If your shoulder hurt first, I would think maybe a tear of the labrum or rotator cuff, but it sure sounds more like a spine thing. That can happen from degenerative disc disease or from an injury. Sometimes, the pain creams, like capsaicin, or those pain patches that you stick on can help. I get them at the Dollar Store - lots cheaper than in the pharmacy, and a good way to try it out. Hugs
Old 07-04-2010, 03:43 AM
Google Goddess

thanks, guess I need to find a Dr. that will see me since we don't have Health Insurance
Old 07-04-2010, 03:51 AM
Google Goddess

thanks will try to find that cream

Originally Posted by BrendaB
Craftybear, sounds like you may have pinched a nerve in your spine. That can cause the symptoms you describe. If your shoulder hurt first, I would think maybe a tear of the labrum or rotator cuff, but it sure sounds more like a spine thing. That can happen from degenerative disc disease or from an injury. Sometimes, the pain creams, like capsaicin, or those pain patches that you stick on can help. I get them at the Dollar Store - lots cheaper than in the pharmacy, and a good way to try it out. Hugs
Old 07-04-2010, 04:32 AM

Also if creams or heat doesn't help try ice or the freezer gel packs. They were all I could use before Dr. sent me for an MRI and found a torn rotator cuff. Had the surgery and things are good now. Good luck.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:40 AM

I had the same thing happen about a month ago, The chiropractor fixed me right up!
Old 07-04-2010, 05:01 AM

Reading this makes me realize how lucky I am to live in a country with public health care. My heart goes out to people in the US who have no health cover. I hope you find a way out of your pain craftybear.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:06 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I have shoulder pain every now and then. It started when Little man was a baby. Went to the Dr. and she told me it was sprang, from carrying him around in the car seat. 3 years later I still have pain, not constant tho, comes and goes. But my whole arm will hurt and I get a tingling in my hand at times and will have to shake it to get it to stop. Sometimes I just sit with my arm dangling because the pain is so bad. I have a big investment in muscle rub companies.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:42 AM
Power Poster

I hear your pain. I have chronic back issues and tingling issues. I do use a trust worthy chiropractor and also do certain excercise to help. Scarey isn't it? The chiroprator I have is $35 after an innitial more expensive consultation. He say that many people who have no insurance will try a chiroprator because they are less expensive. Sending you some hugs!
Old 07-04-2010, 06:35 AM

Try stretches, go on line and look up stretches for shoulder pain or for flexibility. I had shoulder pain for years and this helped me out a lot.